Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/21/2004 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dislocated my right big toe rather *abruptly* in a soccer match, and didn't even feel it until I took my shoe off and actually saw that the toe was pointing straight up. Chances are, a broken finger won't be enough to stop me, and you'll have given up the chance for a more effective attack by going after my hand.

It's like eye-gouging vs. head punching. If you can't hit the big target with the big weapon, how are you going to hit the small target with the small weapon? Same goes for joint locks. However, the ankle and wrist can prove an exception to this statement, assuming you can get a proper hold on them. Most wrist locks tie up both your hands.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 2/21/2004 11:22pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2004 11:20pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i fucked up my thumb today. it kinda hurts.

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    2/21/2004 11:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Different people react differently to pain and trauma. A boy in the USA got both of his arms ripped off by a piece of farm machinery, dialed 911 with his nose, and stood in the bath tub so he wouldn't get blood on mom's carpet. That doesn't mean ripping a guys arms out of his sockets wouldn't be effective in a fight.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    2/21/2004 11:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you grab both of my arms to tear them off, I'll kick and headbutt you =P
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  5. 9chambers

Posted On:
    2/21/2004 11:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >Did 9chambers really suggest PUNCHING A FIST?

Hehe! I'll punch anything!

Yea well, my fist was wrapped around the guy's finger and I was cranking it. If he would have blasted my fingers it could have loosened my grip enough for him to yank his finger out really quick. I'm not talking about punching the knuckles head on, just the fingers, thumb or wrist. I know this isn't a standard escape in most MA but I've escaped from wristlock after wristlock and grabs and whatever just by striking at people's arms and hands in the right places. It's not fancy but it works for me. *shrug*

Last edited by 9chambers; 2/22/2004 12:01am at .

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/22/2004 12:49am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've come to consider small joint locks (finger, wrist, even up to standing elbow and shoulder to some extent) as "incidental/accidental" things. Like, it's good to know what to do when you're in that kind of situation, if it comes up (it might come up for women more than men, since in a confrontation, women get "grabbed at" at least as often as being punched, if not more, and someone reaching for my collar to grab me is FAIRLY likely to put their hand where I can grab it in return), but don't think think it's gonna happen alot or anything.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

lord of the glen

Posted On:
    2/22/2004 2:47am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/22/2004 1:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have used wristlocks A LOT and successfuly on skilled and unskilled alike. I know for a fact that dislocating or breaking someones wrist is going to take it toll on th guy.

Fingers is a different story. One finger may go on noticed but two or more I can't really see someone functioning well unless they are used to it. JJ has a handicap that he overcame it not the same as suddenly and violently having the use of your finger taken away.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2004 10:20am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Boyd
    Jean Jacques Machado was born without fingers on one of his hands, and he's a semi-decent grappler.
    WTF semi decent grappler!?!?!?!?!? You my friend must have never seen Jean Jacques in Abu Dhabi. He was tappaing heavy weights with ease. He's about a buck and 50lbs.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Posted On:
    2/27/2004 10:27am

Style: Im a Lover, not a fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol @ semi decent
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast