Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 9:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SJM isn't just fingers, it's also the wrist. Call me crazy, but if you break or dislocate someones wrist they are going to notice. Even if they keep fighting their ability will be greatly diminished.

I went to a Wally Jay Small Circle Ju-Jitsu seminar a few years back and it made me a believer in finger locks. My girlfriend is just naturally good at them and you would be surprised how many times I find myself in one when we are wrestling.

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 10:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree that breaking or dislocating the wrist will make someone notice AND reduce their fighting ability. HOWEVER, that's much more difficult to do than dislocating a finger. Just keep that in mind. The wrist is pretty tough and pretty flexible.
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 10:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SJM is illegal in MMA for a reason. If your going to it right, there isn't time to tap before the snap. The wrist is harder to break than a finger, but not harder than an elbow or a shoulder. If you use the same princples against small joints that BJJ does against the larger ones, they're going to be in trouble.

Funny story.

I was at a seminar, not the Wally Jay one, and we were working didn't wrist locks. One guy was getting a little agitated, and didn't seem to be having a good time. The instructor asked him what was wrong and the guy was like "This is totally unrealistic. No one is just going to give you their hand so you can wrist lock them."

The instructor replied, "Sure they will. Here I'll show you." He walked right up in front of the guy and softly and politely, almost in a whisper, said "Give me your hand". The guy said "No!"

The instructor then reached up and tried to slap the guy. The guy brought an arm up to block, the instructor slapped him right on the hand, turned it into a wrist lock, and dropped him like a ton of bricks.

Dirty Red

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have always found wrist locks to be fun. Since my main art is the style that gave birth to Wally Jae's art we also have lots of wrist locks. Great for control since the wrist is always traveling with the opponents arm.
    A.K.A. rocks your socks.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 11:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is such a stupid question, Emevas. I'm sorry, but it is. It is EASIER to get a large joint lock than a small joint lock. Likewise, large joint control affords better control of the whole body. Go ahead and spend your time chasing my fingers...Sheesh.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 11:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watch Djimbe try for SJM in the video here. He's on the bottom grimacing in frustration about something. That's it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 11:29pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    some peoples fingers bend all the way back

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 11:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    This is such a stupid question, Emevas. I'm sorry, but it is. It is EASIER to get a large joint lock than a small joint lock. Likewise, large joint control affords better control of the whole body. Go ahead and spend your time chasing my fingers...Sheesh.
    Geeze, I'm so fucking sorry that I'll openly admit to possessing ignorance on a subject matter and then go on to elaborate on where this ignorance is, and ask for the correction of those who are more experience than me so that I can learn a thing or two and get to understand some basic principles to groundfighting.

I mean, Christ, how fucking stupid could I possibly be? We should never attempt to understand why and how we are ignorant, but instead should simply embrace this fact and shut the **** up, right?

Yes Wastrel, you are correct, and perhaps other people would like to be able to have the knowledge to be correct?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 11:42pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    smj rulezQ!!

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Emevas,
    You seriously think this is the first time this question has been asked? I'm sorry then if you did. But this is right up there with glass and nails, PCP, and eye-gouging in the notional anti-BJJ arsenal.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast