Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 6:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Elbow from the clinch. Come in with a monkey guard, plum clinch and throw elbows until whoever is fucking with you is no longer a problem or until you can push them out of the way and hall ass.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 6:40pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant plum clinch, too. But, I personally think you should use it to toss the asshole headfirst on the concrete then pound his skull into the curb until clear **** comes out of his ears.

Bonus points if you get any blood mixed in with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 7:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kayman101 View Post
    I really appreciate the advice but wonder why this thread was moved to YMAS. It's a valid, appropriate question specific enough to answer. If the answer is that "It's already been discussed", then tell me what topic worth its salt hasn't already been discussed in the last 6 months. I really don't understand how the moderator can take my serious request for advice from knowledgeable practitioners (the presumed purpose of the basic technique forum) and place it in a forum where it is certain to turn into a fucking joke. Just curious and, yes, a little bitter.
    Who cares? Mods are mods, gotta take the good with the bad.
    Here's another good source for Carl Cestari vids
    Just study up, get a buddy to drill the stuff with.
    WW2 combatives coupled with Judo&BJJ is outstanding for self-defense. Just watch the Fairbairn stuff and spread out from there.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 7:15pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON View Post
    I meant plum clinch, too. But, I personally think you should use it to toss the asshole headfirst on the concrete then pound his skull into the curb until clear **** comes out of his ears.

Bonus points if you get any blood mixed in with it.
    Blood in CSF is pretty much guaranteed with a skull fracture. Why give the bonus points?
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 10:06pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'Cuz cerebral haemorragings.

WAY better than just splitting the skull open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 10:14pm

Style: bjj (blue) Judo (green)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Who cares? Mods are mods, gotta take the good with the bad.
    Here's another good source for Carl Cestari vids
    Just study up, get a buddy to drill the stuff with.
    WW2 combatives coupled with Judo&BJJ is outstanding for self-defense. Just watch the Fairbairn stuff and spread out from there.

I know, but the Mods are killing that forum. People who really need the advice, like myself, feel like **** because they don't ask the type of questions that shows that they already know the answer (kind of like the the loan mentality of a banker). It could be a great draw to this site for noobies, like myself, to have access to experienced practitioners' advice/wisdom/techniques that illuminate challenges that arise in the early training experience. Everyone wins under this model: people learn and teachers become better teachers. Uh well, not my site, not my problem.

Sorry for the soapbox ****.........The Fairbairn info has been fantastic. I will watch more vids tonight and practice when I can. Thanks for the time, guys.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 11:49pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know, but the Mods are killing that forum. People who really need the advice, like myself, feel like **** because they don't ask the type of questions that shows that they already know the answer (kind of like the the loan mentality of a banker). It could be a great draw to this site for noobies, like myself, to have access to experienced practitioners' advice/wisdom/techniques that illuminate challenges that arise in the early training experience. Everyone wins under this model: people learn and teachers become better teachers. Uh well, not my site, not my problem.

Sorry for the soapbox ****.........The Fairbairn info has been fantastic. I will watch more vids tonight and practice when I can. Thanks for the time, guys.
    Just glad I could help. But remember, environmental/spacial awareness is King, esp when you're with the girl, you know what I mean? & remember, canes, umbrellas & rolled up magazines make great improvised weapons... I love canes myself, I have scars that easily justify me having it, even if I don't always need it.

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 12:02am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I don't see what your bitching about. Frankly you have been given some pretty good advice and there has been very limited joking. Be greatful and save the bitching for something important. I'm surpirsed no one has told you were to stick that soap box yet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 12:10am

Style: Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweep the balls Johnny. But in all seriousness, here's a link to Bas Rutten's Self Defense video YouTube- Bas Rutten Street Defense - The Better Version.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12