Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 7:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
    It says "the creator of combat martial arts wore and afro" and then has a picture of Count Dante's comic book add picture.

Count Dante had red hair and what he actually means by "the creator of combat martial arts" is anybodies guess.

I saw an episode of Louis Theroux's weird weekends once when he interviewed some black nationalists and one of them said that Tom Jones was actually a black man because he could sing and hand danced like a black man and had a slight afro.
    Perhaps this is a similar line of thinking?
    haha fucker!

and I used to wonder when I was called the red headed stepchild how they could tell under the afro!

It was reported that the afro-hamitic warriors when sufficiently powerful would at times literally "slap the black" off of an opponent's ass. Failing this cou de grace the dozens were played until one fellow quit.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 7:27pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously of anyone is interested one of my students is doing a PHD at Berkeley researching this very subject. He is actually coming over this evening for class, anything in particular I should ask him let me know.

I would be careful of such broad generalizations like where martial arts started, but there is no question that the influence on many areas could be from origins unheralded. But keep in mind that any culture that survived fought and therefore had martial arts.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 5:36am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to invite the Grand Master to come to this thread to discuss this with us but i would be hesitant to do so whilst it is in YMAS, is there any chance of getting this moved to MABS?
    King without a crown

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2010 1:09pm

Style: hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His website reads like the Korean History Channel. All your history are belong to us.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123