Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tony Jaa is out of movies, into temples

After a bright start, the career of the man many called the next great martial arts movie star is on hold. Personally I thought he never really picked up after Ong Bak, but he definitely had a talent for practical stunts in this age of CGI and wire-fu, and it is sad to see him go. Becoming a monk is many times not a lifelong commitment, but we shall see if he ever bounces back. This article on Twitch goes a bit more into the troubled history of Jaa, and it is worth a read. Click for a tale of messy legal disputes and black magic in Cambodia.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How will i now get my fill of Capoeira vs Pro Wrestling?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh. There's plenty of acrobatic/parkour-ish stunt actors around to fill the void. Maybe some of them can actually act. Case in point, I recently enjoyed District 13 - Ultimatum.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fight choreographer made Ong Bak and Jaa's other movies great. Not that he is a bumb or anything. If you ever seen chocolate you know what I mean. A tiny chick fighting just like Jaa. I can't comment on his acting, he's english stinks.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of, maybe this will make room for more Jeeja Yanin movies. I certainly hope so.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmakfist View Post
    The fight choreographer made Ong Bak and Jaa's other movies great. Not that he is a bumb or anything. If you ever seen chocolate you know what I mean. A tiny chick fighting just like Jaa. I can't comment on his acting, he's english stinks.

*slow clap*

Bravo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like the article said, becoming a monk for a while is a common practice in Thailand, he'll be out in a few years. Seems like he went a little nuts making Ong Bak 2 and 3, I don't think we should expect much more of him in the future.

As for Thai cinema in general, Jeeja Yanin and Dan Chupon are both good, but I don't think they have the same level of physical prowess that makes Jaa so entertaining to watch. We'll see what movies BaaRamEwe comes out with in the future, but I don't know if they'll be as successful without their big draw.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually pretty sad about this, he is my favorite martial arts movie actor.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look at the bright side, at least Hollywood didn't get their hands on him to ruin like Jackie Chan, John Woo and Chow Yun Fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on John Woo, Jackie Chan, Chow Yun fat, all have put out good Hollywood movies.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last