Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 10:52pm

Style: Shidokan/Kajukenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA does not work against bodybuilders in the street.

or my MMA. have been training MMA for a year at the suggestion of this forums and friends about 2-3 times a week. This summer I took a job as a bouncer at a bar. well there was a few bodybuilders who were there last night that got kicked out of the bar. They came back causing trouble out side the bar me and the other bouncer went outside to handle it. long story short all hell broke loose, and now im a 5'10 180lbs guy facing a 260-280 lbs raging batista or brock lensnar clone who is drunk.

He pushes me swings I evade and landed a jab cross combo 2- 3 times. complete contact doesnt even fade the dude. so now im thinking muay thai kicks. but problem the pants I am wearing restrict my leg movement, and i cant kick like i can in my MMA work out clothes. I couldnt go to the ground with BJJ , because there was so much chaos. I didnt know where the guys freinds was. he starts to grab me and the cops show up and mace and arrest the guys. thank god I didnt get hurt

Im reflecting today and call my freind from college, he tells me Im idiot for trying to box a guy that much bigger then me. He says that woman or guys fighting someone way bigger should focus on hitting soft spots and throws that mis direct energy. I dont know what art he studies.

so since i dont plan on fighting MMA officially should I focus on another art which would help me with bigger and stronger opponents or should i just become more profecient at MMA and eventually the increase in skill will close the size and strenght gap

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 10:56pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo dude, Train Judo. It's a better art for bouncers in most peoples opinions. You get throws, pins, locks, etc... It will work well with your MT clinch stuff.

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 11:00pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You escaped harm and hit the drunk bodybuilder guy a couple of times before the cops arrived in a scene of chaos and you think that is a negative?

I've been in the type of situation you are describing, you always think you could have done more, always. The reality is that walking away from that situation free of harm and legal problems is the best result you can hope for. No amount of "redirecting energy" or "hitting soft spots" (code for pressure points) would have changed the outcome. The fact that you were able to keep your wits about you enough to evade and strike means that your training works.

EDIT: I'm with Kintanon, do Judo.

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 11:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wear looser pants.

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 11:15pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop wearing pants, stop doing that MMA or MA silliness. Take up body building since the last year you only gained 5 lbs.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 11:16pm

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't wear hot pants to work.

And judo do judo.

Was mace not an option?
    Last edited by The_Beak; 5/31/2010 11:17pm at . Reason: tenses

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 11:22pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am 5' 2", female. There is nothing magic about fighting someone that significantly outweighs you. Physics are a bear.

If you grapple, pay close attention to the body mechanics instead of muscling your way through whatever it is you are doing. Spar/train/compete with alive contact. If your school doesn't do serious contact, find one that does. If your school doesn't offer you a diverse set of training partners, try reaching out to other MA students in your area and see if you can meet up with bigger, stronger guys to spar.

See if you can get in some weapons training. Bars have all kinds of objects that can be used for improvised weapons (if that is allowed in your line of work).

Train in street clothes! If you can't fight effectively, then make another wardrobe choice....consider a second-hand shop for clothes if money is tight. I have trained in a skirt and heels to know how I will respond should something happen to me when I am in business attire.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 11:23pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, wear loose pants also. And hit the gym, you're a bouncer, you're primary value is in being too scary for people to **** with, get bulked up some. So to review, Judo + Loose Pants + Weighlifting. Got it?

Edit: Crushing on Sikaranista for the training in Skirt and Heels, pushups in your honor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 11:23pm

Style: Shidokan/Kajukenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My pants were not tight they were regular sized dress pants for my size . People on another forum suggested judo as well. i have also gotten people to suggest san shou , shidokan(kykoushin karate off shoot) because these arts include striking plus judo like throws and locks. so these would be better then what im currently doing.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 11:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    Stop wearing pants,
    I want to go to the bars you go to...:evil6:
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast