Posted On:
    8/08/2010 10:36pm

Style: Fiore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Grandmaster Jun Osano, 8. Dan

http://isba-world.com/cms/index.php?...3606f156f243db

I found a link to his website while reading old threads on swordforum.com

Anyone heard of this guy? If so, has anyone heard as to what his skills are like?

Apparently the man claims to have 9 Menkyo Kaiden. From what I understand a Menkyo Kaiden is essentially a teaching licensis and to get 1 takes years. So how the heck did he get 9 ? Also aren't alot of JMA rather anal about their students training in 1 Ryuha while still the student of another?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/18/2010 11:49am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have trained with several of Jun Osano's students in Germany when I was stationed there and have met him once. From all I have seen and read on him he is legit. I know for a fact that is Asayama Ichiden Ryu and Shibakawa Ichi Ryu are legit but I never looked into the others. I found Osano's students looking for Asayama Ichiden Ryu and asked my old class mates if they knew anyone in Europe. Having multiple menkyo is not uncommon especially if they are in the same school. Example a schools JJ might be Shibakawa Ryu but their sword might be Jigen Ryu.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh