MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 6:29am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dizziness when lying down

I'm developing a curious and somewhat unsettling pattern, in which I'll be subject to spells of vertigo when lying down with my eyes closed. They don't strike as I lay down; they'll come on suddenly, typically after I've been down or asleep for a while.
    As soon as I open my eyes and shift positions, I'll suddenly be right as rain; the dizziness only affects me while lying still.
    This first happened to me about a month ago, and then again several nights ago, and has bothered me the past two mornings.
    I plan on seeing my physician about it, especially if it persists, but I was curious if anyone has ever encountered this type of problem and what the cause was.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 8:59am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most common would be BPPV, but with all problems such as these GO TO THE DAMN DOCTOR!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 10:31am

Style: ATA TKD, Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
    Most common would be BPPV, but with all problems such as these GO TO THE DAMN DOCTOR!!!!
    I agree on the doctor, but BPPV is due to shifting material in the inner ear, and would appear in other positions, along with some other symptoms (Nausea, etc).

I'd suspect orthostatic hypotension, but then you'd probably have it getting up as well.

Definitely get it checked. Dizziness is rarely a singular thing, it's usually a symptom of some other malady.

John

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 11:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Buy a digital blood pressure device and measure when you are supine and when you are standing. A drop of 20 or more systolic when you stand could be concern.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/31/2010 1:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say it could be your monthly bleeding.

Now, you can believe me, and tap your arse with a nice fluffy tampon, or you could...

SEE A DAMN DOCTOR!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 12:53am

Style: Street Focus Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've actually been looking for an answer to this myself. I got it a while back and had it for quite sometime. I'm sure by now its cleared up right? It was BPPV, along with me not tapping from chokes. it bothered me for a while so I just thought I could give a good answer. hopefully this helps.

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 3:00am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have had this problem occasionally for about five years, theoretically related to a series of vasovagal syncope episodes. I had no health insurance during that period, however, and the first I'll have seen a doctor since then will be next month (assuming I can get an appointment that quickly after my new card arrives).

Tangent:
    Spoiler:
    I am still adjusting to the fact that the privatization of Medicaid in my state has flown under the radar so completely; just my luck to be approved for benefits just in time for it all to be shifted to an HMO.

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 4:16pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aodhan View Post
    I'd suspect orthostatic hypotension, but then you'd probably have it getting up as well.

Orthostatic hypotension by definition gets worse with standing, so that is ruled out. My guess is an otolith in the ear. But yes, go to the doctor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2011 4:44pm

Style: BJJ n stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife suffers from something similar and was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease,
    unless you go to the GP you won't know. That one is totally fixable BTW, she gets a prescription whenever it flares up and it solves the problem. Get it looked at by a GP, it could be anything. You don't want to let something insidious go without dealing with it.

BTW - I had blood pressure issues in the past and I only felt the effects when I stood up suddenly and it was generally dizziness combined with loss of vision.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 10:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    zapados got his brown belt?

Also, alexski, you're problem is not enough throwdowns + moose.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey