Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/26/2011 2:35am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My Muay Thai Training Log

Started training Muay Thai almost two weeks ago and have been keeping a log of it. For anyone interested here a link: http://traininginsurat.blogspot.com/

It's in a small, but apparently well known gym in the South of Thailand (not on an island) run by a Master Somboon. I train 3 days a week: Monday, Wednesday (an hour each), and Saturday (A few hours). Things seem to be working out well and I'm having a great time.

I made a thread before I moved of a "potential" school that turns out to be the exact same one I am training at now (there aren't a whole lot of options in Surat Thani). Here's that thread: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104963

Comments, criticisms, advice both on training and on blogging/logging are welcome.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    6/01/2011 8:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bookmarked.

When writing this sort of stuff online I find it a lot easier to write down the bulk of my experiences by hand first. I absorb and retain points better when I write them out by hand. Then I streamline and add in filler for online posting.

I can't help you with Muay Thai because I suck at that.
    "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    6/01/2011 8:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds like you're having fun and learning a lot. you're definitely gonna lose weight, dude. the lightest i have ever been was when i was training in samui, and you'll be there for a long time.

keep blogging!
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    6/02/2011 1:28am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, I keep a handwritten journal with me so I can also do pictures and diagrams (and also, who knows what the electrical grid here is going to/ already doing to my computer). Sometimes though I find that I may remember what we did in class but the order or the length or something else is lost somewhere under my exhaustion.

Ming, the training is everything and more than I could have hoped for. It's tough training from an experienced fighter, who cares about my training and believes I can excel. Since coming to Thailand (and especially since starting MT) I have lost 10 kilos (20ish pounds) and it is the first time I've been under 200 lb's in over 6 years.

Thanks again for the support, new posts either tonight (if I can manage) or tomorrow.