Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fencing Instructor

Posted On:
    2/25/2004 5:33pm

Style: Sabre/Rapier/Katana

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Elsiris, only a few problems with what you said.

#1: Where does the idea that if you're in a situation where X, Y, or Z is warranted it's already too late come from? There are umpteen thousand variables that could mean you have to fight and a weapon just gives you an edge. Further more, a stick can be a weapon, if you noticed, my usual carried weapons are batans or canes, still weapons. And as various people have said. Being able to get away isn't always an option or relevant, what if you're with family, what if you're cornered, etc, etc, etc.

And as for the whole "If you're carrying a weapon someone else might be too" How in any way is that a logical reason to NOT carry a weapon?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2004 6:00pm

Style: Five Animal KF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Loved the "weapon gives you an edge" pun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2004 6:18am

Style: I do UFC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no brass knuckles fans eh :)

for those who like asps any made in the U.S. or is it all china/taiwan stuff that break as easily as toothpicks?
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    2/26/2004 7:02am

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a quick look through this thread (limited by my dinky attention span) didn't turn up anything similar, so i'd like to bring something up: almost every time i've seen pepper spray or mace deployed it's ended up as debilitating to the person using it as much as the target, if not more. and i've witnessed the stuff enraging the target as much as debilitating 'em too. you let loose with the spray outside and the wind blows it, you do it too close and it gets you too... you do it inside and everyone in the vicinity gets a taste; friend, foe or bystander... i wouldn't rely on this stuff at all.

i do carry a nice gerber pocket knife, but consider it a tool and not a weapon. it's not like using it as a weapon has never crossed my mind, of course, but it doesn't bring me any special sense of security.

thankfully, florida (where i live) has kick-ass concealed weapons laws that allow citizens to arm themselves. these laws have contributed to a dramatic drop in some crimes, and in a highly populated - and let's face it, fuckin' crazy - state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2004 1:39pm

Style: Modern Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't the florida law something like a two\three step law? Where if you have to make three movements to use the weapon (open your purse, draw your gun and THEN fire it, then it's legal? Because I think that's a pretty good law. It makes concealed carry possible but helps alleviate what worries me about concealed carry-that people will use it in anger. If it's a little harder to get to, it gives people some time to think and cooler heads time to prevail.
    Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    2/26/2004 1:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    something like that. you can get a concealed weapons permit which allows you to carry it on your person (in designated areas, not schools or the post office or anything). the criteria for whether it's legal to have in your truck or car or whatever is the three-movement thing. i dunno if it's practical or official, but that's what the cops will tell you... and i'm pretty sure firing (and perhaps drawing) don't count towards your total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213