Thread: Introduction

Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by FCTKD View Post
    I attended my first Muay Thai Class tonight. My teacher is 2 time canadian champ Gasper Bonomo. Class Started out with light cardio, side-stepping, backwards running, sissor step, and jogging. This was short only like 10 min. Some light stretching, nothing new here same as TKD but no ground stretching.

Worked the jab for ten min. Coming forward and retreating. Worked the cross, some combinations of 2 jabs coming forward cross, 2 going back then cross. This is all nothing new yet. Then came Elbows rear hand then lead hand. Lead hand was different than I've been taught to throw in. Weight on the back foot, before I'd step out like a hook. Then uppercut elbow.

Then Knees, Straight knees. Did a Rear elbow, lead elbow, uppercut, two knees. That was fun, found it hard to get my rhthym with the knees at first, but I got it.

Break- Teacher came up and told me I was picking it up real quick, told him I teach TKD. He said that cool and it's always good to add to your repitiore(SP?). Checked out two hot sisters, best part of the class.

Then came push kick, basically a front leg snap kick. Then added the up kick, Like a front axe kick. Then did a combination with the two and the jab. Sidekick was next, same as TKD. Then RH, not much difference from power RH in TKD. Even was told to use the instep or shin. Then did jab, push kick, RH, sidekick then Upkick.

That was pretty much it then we hit some really crappy Wavemaster. Partner drill where you each kick opposite sides at the same time (same as TKD but the kicks were lower). They held the bag too since it sounded like they were going to break when I hit it.

Did Some Ab drills nothing new here either. Then floor stretching. That was it 1 and a 1/2 hours. It was real hard but I was puking all day from the flu. I can't say that I learned too much new stuff but it was refreshing to use techniques that I don't get to train enough. It was fun and a good class I'll stick with it.
    hey, im going into MacEwan for schooling and he is teaching kickboxing classes there. I will be taking his classes. Is there any sparring involved at all? or is always just practice?

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uh, Hi n00b. Great start on Bullshido, necroing a 5 year old dead MABS thread.

You really probably don't wanna necro MABS threads if you want to have fun here. Go post in Newbietown and tell us what you're up to.

There's bound to be someone who can help you out if you start in the right place...

Style
    Working out
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is this in the investigation forum?

Style
    running scared
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilboy7778 View Post
    Why is this in the investigation forum?
    Because way back when this thread was started there were different standards. Much has changed in 5 years. Soon there will be a clean up of this thread and it will be moved to the proper location.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Early bullshido had no real distinction to the point we now enjoy. So, there are a ton of YMAS, Newbietown and trollshido threads lurking in the bottom of MABS.

My first Muay Thai Class - No BS MMA and Martial Arts