Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 6:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't talking about Fajin when I commented on your explanation of his rooting problem.

I'm not in the mood for a semantics argument because, what you posted doesn't disagree with what I said. You aren't an idiot and we will bicker while agreeing.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 6:07pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lcx8620 View Post
    But why are you so sure about your insistence? Which style of Taichi did you learn? We are discussing something, CMA is the free land, styles may be different but we share the spirit. Why are you saying no so quickly but not instead of saying I think or in my opinion?
    You are quoting stuff you don't understand as an explanation that can be made to fit a myriad of explanations.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 6:21pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You are quoting stuff you don't understand as an explanation that can be made to fit a myriad of explanations.
    Ancient Chinese is not like what you said could be explained in myriad of explanations. Some of words may have different meanings, but about this article, many of Taichi practicer agreed on the explaining.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 6:36pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lcx8620 View Post
    Ancient Chinese is not like what you said could be explained in myriad of explanations.
    Really? You do know we have scholars on this board right? We have Tachi and kung fu Masters that can't agree on the meaning of Tai Chi, Chi, Fajing and all the theories contained within.
    Some of words may have different meanings, but about this article, many of Taichi practicer agreed on the explaining.
    Many do not agree. Many say things completely the opposite of what you are currently trying to float.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 6:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Really? You do know we have scholars on this board right? We have Tachi and kung fu Masters that can't agree on the meaning of Tai Chi, Chi, Fajing and all the theories contained within. Many do not agree. Many say things completely the opposite of what you are currently trying to float.
    emm... Sorry, not in my kongfu environment in Beijing. So maybe it is my limited field of vision.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 9:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the best displays of "fajin" I've seen was from one of the female pro-boxers at my BJJ gym who was just doing her own training on a heavy bag. Crisp and fluid with exceptional body mechanics. I assume she's never done tai chi in her life.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 10:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No videos I can point to; the stuff I was referring to was seen was live.

Sorry to have stirred up a tempest in a teapot over what I'd thought to be a small question. I'll refrain from noob questions hereafter.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 10:26pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDesu View Post
    No videos I can point to; the stuff I was referring to was seen was live.

Sorry to have stirred up a tempest in a teapot over what I'd thought to be a small question. I'll refrain from noob questions hereafter.

Well then why did you mention videos in your opening post?

so I looked around at various videos and ended up watching a bunch that demonstrated taijiquan's use of fajin... . None of the videos display anything that looks like the fajin that I've seen-- all the videos show fast whip like motions
    How about you point out some of those videos?
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 11:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was the result of several hours late-night zooming around youtube and I hadn't thought that I'd end up referring to them, so I'm sorry that I don't have to hand what I was referring to (oddly I don't seem to come across the same taiji videos there twice for some reason). Not really important anyway, as I was hardly objecting to what taiji guys do, I was just asking if they do the other approach as well, which I didn't happen to stumble upon. I'll zoom about a bit after I get off the clock and see if I can find what I was referring to.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast