Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 12:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    We're a lot less stringent about semi- to fully- automatic converter kits, though.
    WTF? Yeah sure. If your definition of "less stringent" involves a $250,000 dollar fine and ten years in club fed.

Furthermore, I defy you to show me a "kit" that can be purchased by any rube off the street.

The atkins accelerator is classified as a machinegun, as is the lightening link, and hellfire trigger group.

The DIAS is an old one, but if it isn't registered and tax stamped...

...well, I hope you like prison food...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 12:29pm

Style: elbow smash

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What exactly are these pro-criminal California laws you guys are talking about?

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 12:31pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you need a gun to feel safe and secure that is your business. I own guns, I've worked and lived in bad areas and I have never felt the need to carry one. I however am not against honest law abiding citizens carring weapons for their defense. My issue with Dsimon is that his best argument for why he should be allowed to carry one is made up vague scenarios and hyperbole as he referred to it. I am not arguing against the 5th or any other amendment only stating that people who need the boogieman argument to show why they should carry a concealed weapon are not helping their cause. My exact feelings on the subject are that if a citizen of this country wishes to own a firearm it is his right to do so, provided he has not commited any violent crimes already. However if someone wishes to carry one around with them everywhere they go than they should be required to get a license to do so. As long as they are properly trained in gun safety and proper use of a firearm and passed the proper tests/certifications to do so than I see no problem in that person carrying one.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 12:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    , I would REFUSE to live anywhere that they could not. Simply because the most dangerous places in the US, are the places that have the strictest "gun control" laws.
    Ths is interesting.
    I think it's an American problem, not a firearms vs no firearms problem.
    Over here it's not allowed to carry firearms unless you're a cop or military personel ON DUTY.
    Most lethal crimes here are done either with bare hands, or clubs and knives.
    Shootings are relatively rare and almost always reserved for criminals taking out competition, the average citizen doesnt get confronted with it.

Let's say everyone would carry a firearm.
    Most people are good people, they're not homocidal maniacs.
    BUT everyone goes through some mental breakdown in his life and everybody knows frustration etc.
    Now when someone goes apeshit it's real easy to make the wrong choice and take it to another level with just one finger movement.

A lot of violence and murders are commited out of anger.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 12:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    If you need a gun to feel safe and secure that is your business. I own guns, I've worked and lived in bad areas and I have never felt the need to carry one. I however am not against honest law abiding citizens carring weapons for their defense. My issue with Dsimon is that his best argument for why he should be allowed to carry one is made up vague scenarios and hyperbole as he referred to it. I am not arguing against the 5th or any other amendment only stating that people who need the boogieman argument to show why they should carry a concealed weapon are not helping their cause. My exact feelings on the subject are that if a citizen of this country wishes to own a firearm it is his right to do so, provided he has not commited any violent crimes already. However if someone wishes to carry one around with them everywhere they go than they should be required to get a license to do so. As long as they are properly trained in gun safety and proper use of a firearm and passed the proper tests/certifications to do so than I see no problem in that person carrying one.
    The problem is, you continue to attempt to twist the context. I need no more "reason" to own and carry a firearm than my desire to do so. The second amendment clearly states that.

You can continue to turn away from the reality of Goblins in the world. You can continue to make light of those who know all to well the reality of those Goblins, and exactly how they think and operate. It changes nothing. Car trouble on an expressway, late at night, in any major city in the USA, (just one example) might change a persons mind. In any event, you have the right to choose not to carry; I insist I have the right to carry, and will continue to support that right.

Yes, to carry out and about a person should have some level of training. My personal opinion is that once you take an NRA course on the subject, and pass a background check, then you get a permit to carry.

It should be no harder than that.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 12:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Ths is interesting.
    I think it's an American problem, not a firearms vs no firearms problem.
    Over here it's not allowed to carry firearms unless you're a cop or military personel ON DUTY.
    Most lethal crimes here are done either with bare hands, or clubs and knives.
    Shootings are relatively rare and almost always reserved for criminals taking out competition, the average citizen doesnt get confronted with it.

Let's say everyone would carry a firearm.
    Most people are good people, they're not homocidal maniacs.
    BUT everyone goes through some mental breakdown in his life and everybody knows frustration etc.
    Now when someone goes apeshit it's real easy to make the wrong choice and take it to another level with just one finger movement.

A lot of violence and murders are commited out of anger.
    Gun or Knife, we all die same way... its from Red Sun.

You do know that the largest mass murder in US history was done by one pissed off guy and a can of gasoline?

Rather than focus on what the bad guys might do, I focus on what I know the good guys do when you give them the right to defend themselves.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 1:24pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    The problem is, you continue to attempt to twist the context. I need no more "reason" to own and carry a firearm than my desire to do so. The second amendment clearly states that.

You can continue to turn away from the reality of Goblins in the world. You can continue to make light of those who know all to well the reality of those Goblins, and exactly how they think and operate. It changes nothing. Car trouble on an expressway, late at night, in any major city in the USA, (just one example) might change a persons mind. In any event, you have the right to choose not to carry; I insist I have the right to carry, and will continue to support that right.

Yes, to carry out and about a person should have some level of training. My personal opinion is that once you take an NRA course on the subject, and pass a background check, then you get a permit to carry.

It should be no harder than that.
    Just for clairty sake what context am I twisting? I've not said anything against your right to carry a firearm if you wish to do so as long as they are properly trained in its use and in its safe handling. Again because you do not seem to be getting this point. My issue is using the boogieman argument as justification for carrying one. Also what reality am I ignoring? You seem to have a pretty good understanding of my past and personal experiences dont you? Or is it just that Tripp has seen and done it all and thus knows the evils of the world better than everyone else? I have no intention or desire to deminish or besmirch your past or experience but do not presume on mine either. I know all to well about the "goblins of the world" and I recognize the dangers they present.

I really am not opposed to your opinion Tripp we are more or less on the same page with the issue but for whatever reason you seem determined to fight me on it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 1:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for clairty sake what context am I twisting? I've not said anything against your right to carry a firearm if you wish to do so as long as they are properly trained in its use and in its safe handling. Again because you do not seem to be getting this point. My issue is using the boogieman argument as justification for carrying one. Also what reality am I ignoring? You seem to have a pretty good understanding of my past and personal experiences dont you? Or is it just that Tripp has seen and done it all and thus knows the evils of the world better than everyone else? I have no intention or desire to deminish or besmirch your past or experience but do not presume on mine either. I know all to well about the "goblins of the world" and I recognize the dangers they present.

I really am not opposed to your opinion Tripp we are more or less on the same page with the issue but for whatever reason you seem determined to fight me on it.
    You remember how our discussions went?

On this issue it will go worse with MTripp. Just quit right now and save yourself some grief.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 1:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I believe Mr. Tripp is arguing that the boogieman (why do we call it this?)
    argument is just as valid a reason as any other. From what I can tell, he is saying that as long as the weapon is not illegal, his right to own it should be independent of some 'reason' for him to need it, an argument which I understand.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 1:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Akins Accelerator is a device that pulls the trigger of a semi-automatic firearm rapidly, producing an approximation of fully-automatic fire.

The Atkins Accelerator presumably purges all vegetable-based lubricants and wooden stock parts from your firearm, leaving behind only lean, hard materials like steel, aluminum and various plastics, plus mineral and animal-based lubricants.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast