223620 Bullies, 3723 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 57
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    5/29/2010 1:50am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Legitimate reason" tends to be pretty open to interpretation. In North Dakota, I can get one simply because I desire one for self defense, but in CA, I've had a lot of buddies that were turned away with that as their reason.

    That said, Dsimon's posts expressing a clear desire to murder predators is not helpful to the cause of reducing the difficulty in getting a CWP in CA.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  2. Dsimon3387 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079

    Posted On:
    5/29/2010 7:01am

    Join us... or die
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    First off your an idiot. Second there are more stringent laws on firearms in California but you can own guns and if you have a legitimate reason to do so you can get a permit to carry a concealed firearm, at least in San Bernardino you can. Is this right? Is it wrong? Well thats up to the voters. None of this however has ANYTHING to do with pedophiles which seems to be the underlying theme in your argument.
    really?that is the underlying theme of my argument? say no more... And you are calling me an idiot? Two words: reading comp.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
  3. Dsimon3387 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079

    Posted On:
    5/29/2010 7:14am

    Join us... or die
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    "Legitimate reason" tends to be pretty open to interpretation. In North Dakota, I can get one simply because I desire one for self defense, but in CA, I've had a lot of buddies that were turned away with that as their reason.

    That said, Dsimon's posts expressing a clear desire to murder predators is not helpful to the cause of reducing the difficulty in getting a CWP in CA.
    The threat of confrontation is the single best deterrent to a crime , according to criminals. That said I was being hyperbolic as explained... But yes there is a culture of **** the victim lets protect the rights of the predators here in california, I stand by that. this ideaology comes to bare in many social issues (the pedaphile was used as an example of that) and with the gun laws enacted here.

    To be clear I have no desire to see exotic and "spray" weapons handed out with impunity, but handguns are sometimes necessary to carry to protect oneself. My job is a perfect example of that fact and I know many people who should have that option for the safety of their well being and their family.

    If one believes that gun control is a valid policy then we have a difference of opinion... if one believes the gun laws are not restrictive here, when compared to other states, and that there is not a tendency to go out on a limb to protect the rights of perps... then one is an idiot.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
  4. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    5/29/2010 7:38am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    A lot of that depends on what state your in, but we generally restrict automatic weapons.
    We're a lot less stringent about semi- to fully- automatic converter kits, though.
    Umm.... you do know that is bullshit right? The kits are for suckers. You would need a full machine shop and wicked skills to even attempt it. Likely it still won't work.

    There is a reason why semi-auto weapons in the US have to fire from a closed, rather than an open bolt.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
  5. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    5/29/2010 7:52am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    First off your an idiot. Second there are more stringent laws on firearms in California but you can own guns and if you have a legitimate reason to do so you can get a permit to carry a concealed firearm, at least in San Bernardino you can. Is this right? Is it wrong? Well thats up to the voters. None of this however has ANYTHING to do with pedophiles which seems to be the underlying theme in your argument.
    Legitimate reason? Do we require a legitimate reason before we are allowed the protection of our 5th amendment rights? Or first?

    It is up to the State to prove why I should NOT have the right to own a firearm. It is NOT up to me to prove why I should be able to. Our founding fathers took care of that. This is the premise of "shall issue" and its why more and more states have gone that way. To date NONE of them have become the wild west.

    For those who want to read the truth about this subject:

    Amazon.com: The Great American Gun Debate: Essays on Firearms & Violence (9780936488394): Don B. Kates, Gary Kleck, John K. Lattimer, Gary Kleck: Books

    Amazon.com: Armed: New Perspectives on Gun Control (9781573928830): Gary Kleck, Don B. Kates: Books

    Amazon.com: Point Blank: Guns and Violence in America (9780202307626): Gary Kleck: Books

    Amazon.com: Targeting Guns: Firearms and Their Control (Social Institutions and Social Change) (9780202305691): Gary Kleck: Books

    Amazon.com: More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun-Control Laws (9780226493640): John R. Lott Jr.: Books
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
  6. Lebell is offline
    Lebell's Avatar

    Just waiting for the paperboy.

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lolland
    Posts
    12,496

    Posted On:
    5/29/2010 8:07am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pfff you americans think your laws are tough?
    i can't even cut up a hooker and eat her organs without being send to jail.
    now thats rough.
  7. Don Gwinn is offline
    Don Gwinn's Avatar

    BJJ wins again!

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,569

    Posted On:
    5/29/2010 8:25am

    supporting member
     Style: Guns

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's easier to let people learn about the difficulties of converting semi-auto to full-auto by making their own mistakes (and their own felonies.) Nobody listens anyway. I once got a B on a paper explaining the politics of the "Assault Weapons Ban" in a Government 103 class solely because I failed to pretend that the whole ban was justified because it's so easy to convert AR-15s to full-auto. The teacher literally wrote on the paper something like "Excellent writing, very good reasoning, but you failed to deal with the fact that these guns can be changed into machine guns in less than 15 minutes. Would have been an A."

    On a nerdy linguistic note, I don't use "y'all", being a hated Yankee carpetbagger, but it always amuses me when people make fun of English speakers for saying "you all." Nobody makes fun of a couple billion Spanish speakers for saying "vosotros." Or "ustedes," for that matter, which, let's face it, would translate literally as something like the familiar New Jersey "Youse" in English.

    Actually, Jeremy Clarkson might have done that and I just missed it . . . but I stand by my point . . . or whatever it is that this post has.
    *********************************************
  8. Lysol is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    353

    Posted On:
    5/29/2010 8:55am


     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    pfff you americans think your laws are tough?
    i can't even cut up a hooker and eat her organs without being send to jail.
    now thats rough.
    That is rough. I'm pretty sure in America the cops just nervously ask you to keep the blinds closed next time. At least that's what they do to me.
  9. HereBeADragon is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151

    Posted On:
    5/29/2010 11:39am


     Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    really?that is the underlying theme of my argument? say no more... And you are calling me an idiot? Two words: reading comp.
    Your right your argument is not just about shooting pedophiles that live near you. Evidently your desire to carry a gun is so you can shoot any criminal you can find. Your the reason there are such stringent laws. Hyperbole or not if your best argument against gun control laws is that they stop you from being able to shoot anyone you want well your kinda defeating your own point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Legitimate reason? Do we require a legitimate reason before we are allowed the protection of our 5th amendment rights? Or first?

    It is up to the State to prove why I should NOT have the right to own a firearm. It is NOT up to me to prove why I should be able to. Our founding fathers took care of that. This is the premise of "shall issue" and its why more and more states have gone that way. To date NONE of them have become the wild west.
    I'm not entirely clear what point you are trying to make Tripp. Your referring to gun ownership while I was discussing the right to carry a concealed firearm. I'm not personally against owning or carrying guns, I own a few myself. The law however is the law and if someone wants it to change than as I said that change is up to the voters.
  10. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    5/29/2010 11:58am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <<<Your right your argument is not just about shooting pedophiles that live near you. Evidently your desire to carry a gun is so you can shoot any criminal you can find. Your the reason there are such stringent laws. Hyperbole or not if your best argument against gun control laws is that they stop you from being able to shoot anyone you want well your kinda defeating your own point.>>>

    Not the point he made. The "right" is the right to protect yourself against the goblins of the world. The "stringent laws" are there because of people who foolishly believe that "gun control" rather than "criminal control" is the better idea. See the books I suggested.

    <<<I'm not entirely clear what point you are trying to make Tripp. Your referring to gun ownership while I was discussing the right to carry a concealed firearm. I'm not personally against owning or carrying guns, I own a few myself. The law however is the law and if someone wants it to change than as I said that change is up to the voters.>>>

    No, I am discussing both. The right to self-defense extends beyond your home. The right to be safe and secure is the reason for the second amendment. Not only do I have no problem with law abiding citizens carrying concealed firearms, I would REFUSE to live anywhere that they could not. Simply because the most dangerous places in the US, are the places that have the strictest "gun control" laws.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.