Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2010 11:52pm

Style: Half-assery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Move lists are no longer done Mortal Kombat style. It is still leaps and bounds beyond 2009 when it comes to character customization though. You can invite pros to your training camp to learn specific moves or transitions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2010 11:56pm

Style: Boxing, Rowing Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Move lists are no longer done Mortal Kombat style. It is still leaps and bounds beyond 2009 when it comes to character customization though. You can invite pros to your training camp to learn specific moves or transitions.
    Kaaaaay but still, what amazing sh0t0k4n moves can I do?

Drenched in Vanilla Twiiilight, I'll sit on the front porch all night...

Ahem.

Stu xD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 1:32am

Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of BJJ's sweeps have disappeared, leaving a portion of the ground game more uniform.

Stand up game has improved, while ground game has sort of taken steps backward, what with auto transition blocking.

It's real nice that there's actual cage work and the clinch game's now done like the ground game.

Crucifix position with Roy Nelson dropping elbows onto the head of your trapped opponent though? Awesome.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 2:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    on the demo I thought the clinch game was much more realistic, but incredibly hard to use for striking without being on the cage.. which it should be. In the real world I've never succcessfully dirty boxed anyone for more than one punch unless they were trapped in a corner
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 2:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a short and simple review. I went to bed at 0300. I have to get up at 0530. I was just having too much fun.

I didn't play as Lyoto but there seems to be more attempts to make fighters more realistic like fighter specific taunts (not for every fighter though). There is a store, where you can buy things, and this gives just another reason for one more fight to gain points to buy the next item. For the record, it cost me about 25,000 points to get all the trading cards. That's really not that much. Unlock title defense mode and you'll be able to bank 2000-5000 points a fight easy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 9:25am

Style: TKD/ TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wondering, would you consider this game a good purchase?......been thinking about buying the game myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 12:39pm

Style: Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my opinion, this game is cool, but not sixty dollars cool. I'm glad I rented this first.

I'd like to see what EA's MMA game does, although I'm worried they're going to just map everything to the right stick and it feels kinda like you're just swirling a joystick around, hoping for the dumb luck that you'll get the move you're actually trying to do, like Fight Night.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 1:47pm

Style: Half-assery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu-Jitsu View Post
    Kaaaaay but still, what amazing sh0t0k4n moves can I do?

Drenched in Vanilla Twiiilight, I'll sit on the front porch all night...

Ahem.

Stu xD
    There is the "Machida Takedown", once it hits the person there is no struggle and stats don't matter. I am also angry that there are no rubber or butterfly guard sweeps. The omoplata is pretty fun though.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 2:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mexican Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least there is a rubber guard.
    The game is awesome. Just got WW title and moved up to middleweight to fight for the title too. The decay system is kinda annoying at first, but you get used to it. Besides, your stats won't decay below 30, 50, or 70.
    Axe kicks are in the game.
    The moves you can learn have a lot of variety at least for the striking.
    I haven't gotten much ground moves besides the Omoplata and the rubber guard transition.

Game's awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 3:21pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you develop a cool effective guard without resorting to rubber guard? That annoyed me about UFC 09, hardly anybody uses fucking rubber guard so it was ludicrous to have it as the only way to sweep with the BJJ fighters. I found Judo more fun for the ground in that game.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast