Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11
    syberia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,758
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Props for not being a bitch and nicking some other guy's hours. I hope it works out for you.

    Try not to break the kids, though. They dont like that for some reason...


    Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.


  2. #12
    Vorpal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Hell of my own making
    Posts
    3,082
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    I meant it in the sense I wasn't a douchebag at that particular moment in time.

    If I was never a douchebag would I really hang out here and post with y'all?

    Oh,right. Very well then, carry on.

  3. #13
    vaquero de las nalgas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PHX or thereabouts
    Posts
    861
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Umm, I need more evidence than that to conclude that you're not a douchebag.
    Agreed. Please post photos to confirm that you do not wear Tapout gear.
    Or drive a Harley Davidson edition pickup truck. Or an Eddie Bauer SUV.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Principles only matter if we apply them when its not in our interest to do so. Good on you for being a better man than the average douchebag.

  5. #15
    patfromlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hilo Island of Hawaii
    Posts
    8,885
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Umm, I need more evidence than that to conclude that you're not a douchebag.
    Moafas, you talking about Moafas? **** dude, read some of the posts, he's good people.

    *edit: perhaps this is just beyond me.... Perhaps I don't get it.


    But, too bad you aren't on to teach Judo. Judo and BJJ are way better for kids as they are not striking arts. Teaching kids to hit seems violent compared to teaching them grappling. They already want to punch each other in the nose; why encourage it?
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 5/26/2010 9:56pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,390
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug View Post
    Moafas, you talking about Moafas? **** dude, read some of the posts, he's good people.

    *edit: perhaps this is just beyond me.... Perhaps I don't get it.


    But, too bad you aren't on to teach Judo. Judo and BJJ are way better for kids as they are not striking arts. Teaching kids to hit seems violent compared to teaching them grappling. They already want to punch each other in the nose; why encourage it?
    For the lulz?

  7. #17
    maofas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,971
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity View Post
    I just wanted to boast that I made this jpg. Seeing it used by someone else is awesome.
    I didn't know you actually created that, props. I knew you posted it because I right click saved waaaay back because I laughed my ass off when I first saw it and just knew some day it would come in handy.

    My long-term memory is insane; it's my short-term that is horrible.

  8. #18
    maofas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,971
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug View Post
    Moafas, you talking about Moafas? **** dude, read some of the posts, he's good people.

    *edit: perhaps this is just beyond me.... Perhaps I don't get it.

    But, too bad you aren't on to teach Judo. Judo and BJJ are way better for kids as they are not striking arts. Teaching kids to hit seems violent compared to teaching them grappling. They already want to punch each other in the nose; why encourage it?
    Right in the nose!! Nah, I'll have them make contact to the hogu only. These are little kids, they can wait till they're 14 before they start getting face-punched. :p

    Right now it's important for them to have fun and learn to not be afraid of sparring. I visited a traditional Shotokan school just recently where the students have very strong old-school stances and can keep up doing tons of knuckle push ups on a hard floor, etc. etc. but they have no concept of how to hit a solid object and the students are apprehensive about sparring even at high kyu.

    I remember seeing little kids go at it hardcore, especially during gradings! I mean 12 year old girls giving boys black eyes (only to have the mom yell at the boy for not blocking while I iced his head in my boss' office), and watching a little purple belt boy knock a big blue belt girl to the floor then, without the slightest hesitation, running into a soccer kick that would've sent her to the moon, but stopping just in time as soon as we screamed yame. Man, I knew some badass little kids back in the dizay (hey, that'd be a fun thread). Now I see half of them on Facebook (yeah, I finally sold out, just like I finally sold out and got a cell phone, sigh) and they're all married or in college and it freaks me the **** out.

    I agree with you fug, Judo is better for little kids, but I'm not qualified to teach Judo. My Judo instructor, however, did give me his permission to teach them very basic Judo groundwork (pins and escapes).
    Last edited by maofas; 5/26/2010 11:40pm at .

  9. #19
    Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    DKJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,214
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How it could have gone...

    Maofas " Muay Thai you say? Well did they legalize that in the U.S. now?"

    Lady: " Well uhh"

    Maofas " I didn't realize liability wasn't an issue with these kids, I guess we can cover groin shots and stomps to the head like in Muay Thai. So bringing in knives is fine too I guess?"

  10. #20
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    How it could have gone...

    Maofas " Muay Thai you say? Well did they legalize that in the U.S. now?"

    Lady: " Well uhh"

    Maofas " I didn't realize liability wasn't an issue with these kids, I guess we can cover groin shots and stomps to the head like in Muay Thai. So bringing in knives is fine too I guess?"
    It's also great for gambling on!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO