Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/29/2010 5:11pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whosthemaster View Post

Thanks, I'll give it a try. What about keeping the knees bent? Do you go way deep or more like a boxer?
    More like a boxer for this kind of drill. I am not an expert, but to me you seem to be doing OK with keeping your knees bent....they are like shock absorbers for the rest of your body. They are helping you move back and forth as well as ducking under the attack.

Filipino training can go way deep, but going that deep would have different applications: such as building up your legs, fighting on uneven ground, or when you are taking someone to the ground.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 12:56am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that the knee flex should be dictated by the best position to explode into an illustrisimo cross step, front leg repacement, or rush in any direction. Unless you're trained to move your front leg away from a cut, it's hard to avoid them, especially when they're timed at the same time as an attack you're doing. I sometimes train with my old kung fu training partners, and they sometimes use excessively low stances, and I can exploit it by cutting the legs or by outmaneuvering them in a quicker stance. The one advantage is that from a low crouch, you can use your knife to intercept an attack to any level of your body.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 8:33am

Style: Bahad Zubu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Footwork: try not to cross you legs when moving to the side, study typical boxing footwork and you will see what I mean. There are other valid points on this thread but I would start there.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12