Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 4:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Master won't tell: what did standing practice for!!!

The standing practice is the most unique way of Chinese especially internal martial arts than other different martial arts. But about what do the standing practice for, most practicers even those tens of years practicers in China could not tell well.

In fact, the standing practice is the process of transforming tendon and bones structure of our body. After the process, the tendon and bones will become more fixed and also flexible. Even in few distance, it could explode the large power.

The first step of transforming process is to bloat the tendon and membrane of our body. The tendon is between bones and muscles and connecting to the joints. The tendon is hard to practice by the normal way; it is because the normal practices only deal with the muscles or bones separately. The medium between muscle and bones is tendon, if the tendon between muscle and bones is controlled very well, the bones and muscle then could form together as a integrated system. This structure then is called ‘Zheng jin’ in internal martial arts, which would generate great power in short distance and relaxing posture. Normally, through right practice, the internal practicers could bloat a few tendon and membrane, and other people could feel the differences of these bloated tendon and membrane. But it is really hard to bloat all the tendon and membrane over body, most practicers use whole life but could not find the way.
    The core part of bloating tendon and membrane is to activate the joints of our body.The tendon and membrane all linked to the joints, but because the bad habits of using body, joints could not company with each other but act solely. While doing standing practice, the relaxing and correct stance will help to stretch the space in joints and make the tendon and membrane bloated. But the process used by some external martial arts is just to use breath and muscle nervous, it is ineffective and easy to cause the energy shortage if push the chi and blood too hard. Through the standing practice, all the joints will be linked and supported by tendon and membrane to form the integrated structure. Just the old book’s saying
    ‘when you could use you chi like beads chains, your power will be like the thousand times melted steel.’

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 5:44pm

Style: bitchin' and whinin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you use Google translate on this?

Some of this stuff may have historical interest if you cite your sources, plagiarism bad.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 6:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    Did you use Google translate on this?

Some of this stuff may have historical interest if you cite your sources, plagiarism bad.
    This is from my knowledge, and my english skills. Is it like google tranlating? Oh, it seems that the undergraduate and master study did not help me with English skills.
    you could check everywhere, I knew the academic rules. But the words with qutotation marks is from internal martial arts theory, we all talk about them but did not know where is it from. 'zhengjin 整劲’(do not know where is it from) when you could use you chi like beads chains, your power will be like the thousand times melted steel 行气如九曲珠,运劲如百炼钢。From Wong zongyue "Taichi theory" maybe ming dynasty.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 7:37pm

Style: bitchin' and whinin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Google translate is a free translation programme that'll translate from almost any language. Being a computer programme it will get the academic rules right, so don't feel that getting mistaken for it is a slight on your academic use of English, the meaning of your passage is mostly clear but the rhythm and flow is unusual, (remember most native speakers don't actually know, or care to bother with all the academic rules). I had therefore mistaken it for a mechanistically translated passage from a secondary source.

If these are your words then my implied question still stands. where did you get this? Is it what was taught in Ming Dynasty Taichi, a modern explanation taught by your teacher or your own insights? There seems little discussion of vitalistic terms like Chi, so the anatomical language sounds a little strange in the context of what you are describing, as it has so little to do with academic anatomy and physiology: Bloated tendons and membraines for instance sounds more like some form of arthritis or connective tissue disease, and so not a good thing unless you mean symbolically, bloated with chi or something.

(I'm a skeptic, but have no problem fespecting your cultural or personal beliefs).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 8:36pm

Style: Yang Mian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I want to know as well, I have heard and seen some kung fu styles that focus mainly on building tendons and joints up - including my one. It focuses on not only strengthening the tendons but also its flexibility.

But I don't know if it gets bloated - can tendons get bloated?? I have seen a vietnamese kung fu style that claims to train your tendons and joints enough for it to show up when tensed, its called Hong Gia.

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 8:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you talking about Zhan Zhuang (站桩) practice?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 8:53pm

Style: Yang Mian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually it looks like Hong Gia is same as Hung Gar but in vietnamese haha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 11:29pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to see pictures of these people and their enlarged tendons, because I'm a skeptic.

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 11:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao View Post
    I'd like to see pictures of these people and their enlarged tendons, because I'm a skeptic.
    Not to mention the fact that the terminology for these effects and stances is needlessly complex, obscure, and overmystified.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 11:37pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Not to mention the fact that the terminology for these effects and stances is needlessly complex, obscure, and overmystified.
    Yep, that's the problem. Half the time I honestly believe they wrote things this way on purpose. When you sit down with many of these people or masters in person nothing is that complicated unless, it is a person that is a borderline charlatan.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast