Style
    Choy Li Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quick Introduction

Hey all. I'm Zhenglong, Zheng for short. Saw Bullshido while tracking a YouTube video of Harry Thomas Cameron (of George Dillman fame), and thought it was the funniest forum I'd seen in some time. So here I am.

*Quick Bio*
    I'm 21 years young, but I joined the Navy at 17 as a Corpsman (read 'Combat Medic') stationed out of Camp Pendleton. I began studying Choy Li Fut (under Wong Tat-Mau) at 13 and can say I felt somewhat proficient by the time I joined the service. So far, I've managed to spar with people I've met along the way, and have found Wing Chun to be my current interest. I'm still learning the style, and have a ways to go, but I've picked up at least something from every style I've sparred or fought.

*A little more about me*
    While in high school I got into a lot of petty fights and thought I was really good, but I was mostly fighting untrained thugs and McDojo black belts. Since then I've had a chance to get perspective, and haven't been in too many fights, but I'm still always up for a friendly spar. If I see you around, don't be shy, introduce yourself and your style.

Style
    boxing, jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido! I myself haven't had any experience with Choy Li Fut. What kind of training do you do in there?

Style
    Choy Li Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. It's about as balanced/complete as most Traditional styles get. It incorporates a passable amount of throws and grapple defenses, but is heavily focused on a standing game.
    Comes from three styles: Choy Fok, Li Gar, and according to legend, a Shaolin style. The three styles each complement each other pretty well. We have full contact sparring, weapons sparring, lots of bag work and drills, and your expected amount of form work. As far as traditional styles go, its a great deal more practical than most, and Master Wong Tat-Mau produces some great fighters.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi, guys!

I am also new to this forum (actually have just registered) so I welcome you and myself here.

I hope we'll enjoy it ))))