Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 5:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Some idiot punching a wall

I saw a thread about hand strengthening in the traditional forum and it reminded me of all those who spend hours hitting hard objects with their hands. There's a reason why I'm posting this video in YMAS: For you to laugh at it.

YouTube- Ausohj punching a brick wall

Yes, that's me in the video. Yes, I'm an idiot for doing it. And no, don't try this at home.

For the record, I'm not as dumb as I look. This is me showing up some friends who claimed years of Shaolin Iron Fist training. The truth is, genetics help a lot more than any training technique I've seen. I have naturally thick knuckles and a high pain threshold. It's sort of a party trick for me to hit hard things (it's actually more common for me to be hit by hard things), I didn't break a single metacarpal or phalange, in fact the only time I've broken my hand was when I was doing something truly dangerous... babysitting.
    Last edited by ausohj; 5/25/2010 5:24am at .

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 5:26am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You punched babies? You're fucking sick dude.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 5:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone has to keep them in line. Stupid babies, crying all the time.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 5:40am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BS about the thick knuckles blah blah, you really focused your chi.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 5:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentenk View Post
    BS about the thick knuckles blah blah, you really focused your chi.
    Oh... um... yes, you are correct, I was just testing my potential students. You pass and for only 59.99 a month my chi secrets can be yours!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 6:01am

Style: BJJ & Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ausohj View Post
    Oh... um... yes, you are correct, I was just testing my potential students. You pass and for only 59.99 a month my chi secrets can be yours!
    is that with or without a BB after it?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 6:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i suddenly understand your post about how me and monkfg should be posting youtube videos to decide who's the more competent martial artist much better.
    just dont.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 6:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias. View Post
    is that with or without a BB after it?
    BB is $24.63 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    i suddenly understand your post about how me and monkfg should be posting youtube videos to decide who's the more competent martial artist much better.
    just dont.
    I'm pretty sure it's clear the video was not posted to decide competency in anything. Just in case there is still any confusion, my video should not be used as a training guide.

I posted my comment about the youtube videos because I thought you were arguing about a specific technique. I'm a visual learner and if I was interested in learning the proper way to do something, I'd rather see it done.

The last thing this video is about is technique. I promise you I don't punch like that in a real fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 8:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here comes the strange guy again...

I really hate to have all those misunderstanding on this forum, but honestly: Punching a wall like this is not very painful to me(I can show this on the throwdown if you want me to, Lebell). It's even easier if I'd strike like you, with the three outer knuckles instead of the two inner ones. Years ago I've done 400(8x50) push ups every two days on them and I let myself fall into a knuckle push up on concrete from standing(won't do that again).

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 9:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    Here comes the strange guy again...

I really hate to have all those misunderstanding on this forum, but honestly: Punching a wall like this is not very painful to me(I can show this on the throwdown if you want me to, Lebell). It's even easier if I'd strike like you, with the three outer knuckles instead of the two inner ones. Years ago I've done 400(8x50) push ups every two days on them and I let myself fall into a knuckle push up on concrete from standing(won't do that again).
    I'm really not sure if the strange guy you are referring to is me or you...

I got into a habit of push ups on my knuckles but when doing push ups for PT tests I had to do them normally and my score suffered because my wrists hurt so much. Since then, I've been trying not do any knuckle push ups. I'd rather have stronger wrists instead of tougher knuckles.

Kudos for the amount of push ups you were able to do, I tend to schedule more push ups in my mind than I actually get around to doing. However, DO NOT punch with the outer knuckles. That's an easy way to get a boxer's fracture. It's actually easier with the first two knuckles but I don't recommend doing this at all. I was punching with my first two knuckles but I was just messing around in that video. Some of my hits were flush, with all 5 knuckles hitting but none of them were just the outer 3.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast