Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 5:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    It doesn't matter what you quote or translate, or even if you post video.

It's simple logic.

If you make statement X, and then make a video showing phenomena Z, you still have to show causality Y.

There may actually be truth to phenomena Z resulting from your given training methods. Your explanation of why they result as given in statement X is not automatically true, however.

Further, if statement X is shown to be false via statement W, it does not negate the reality of phenomena Z.

In other words, I have no doubt that the methods of internal martial arts, Zhan Zhuan, and Jin Gu, being able to produce and generate valid martial power and applications.

However, I see no need to use theories which do not stand up to modern medical research to justify these results.
    I do not think you explain the situation. If I use vedio to promote my ability and my training method, that is the fact, so I do not need to explain the theory. And I do not think the masters here teach much theory, but more about how to fight. If I just talked about the theory, you guys think i am talking bullshit.
    I am practicing Chinese martial arts, it has its own let's say internal exsiting but not theory. Just like Bruce Lee said, pour all your tea in your teacup, or you could not have my tea. If we did not learn it, how could we debate it, just from others' theory. If you could explain clearly about Chinese martial arts, please explain Chi and jingluo's exsiting in western medicine.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 5:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Define what chi is.

2) Prove to me it exists.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 5:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kigong and accupuncture are still regarded as superstitious in Western culture. I say this even as someone who practices both.

If either practice are proven to be effective, this does not prove the theory behind them. They may be effective for completely unrelated reasons to the popular theory. Or, portions of the theory may be explained through scientifically observable phenomena that results in a new, more accurate theory.

Videos of you full-contact fighting do not prove tendon theory. Scientific evidence is what would prove tendon theory.
    oh I knew... So I think I would just explain combating techiques here, and my vedios. Forget my superstitious bullshit. But by the way, from a friend's side, could you recommond me a forum of martial arts which is more superstitious.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 5:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lcx8620 View Post
    oh I knew... So I think I would just explain combating techiques here, and my vedios. Forget my superstitious bullshit. But by the way, from a friend's side, could you recommond me a forum of martial arts which is more superstitious.
    Okay, there was nothing about superstition in his post. Ask your teacher to help you with English because, you understanding is hurting your explanations.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 5:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) Define what chi is.

2) Prove to me it exists.
    I thought you study acupuncture and you believe in Chi, sorry to misunstand. I meant to let you explain but you threw it to me, it is my fault of misunderstaning.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 5:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Okay, there was nothing about superstition in his post. Ask your teacher to help you with English because, you understanding is hurting your explanations.
    Sorry for my Enlish skills, it need to be improved. Remember to help and understand more about some of Chinese friends if you have, because my Enlish is not so bad in the Chinese students here, then you would know language is a big problem for us to communicate.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 6:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He did not say things about superstition, the other one did. I just did some chichat to myself. But it is quite easy for me to omit things, just now I notice you said I have to improve my English, but omit you information of 'he did not say things about suspenstition'. English sometimes make me puzzled.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 6:14pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He did not say things about superstition, the other one did.
    You did and he didn't say there was anything superstituous about your post.

I just did some chichat to myself. But it is quite easy for me to omit things, just now I notice you said I have to improve my English, but omit you information of 'he did not say things about suspenstition'.

I didn't omit anything. You are telling him to "forget your superstitious bullshit." I said "he didn't say anything about superstition." He is not attacking superstitions he is telling you to be clear.

English sometimes make me puzzled.
    Then listen and learn.

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 6:28pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, the theory passing over generations in CMA, if you use the western medicine theory to deny it, I could not say any thing. If you really practice and feel it, I think maybe you could understand what I meant. Language and theory are tools but also limitation. If you deny my theory, hope my words did not disturb your mind.
    I used the word superstition when you misused theory to mean belief. I believe you may have misused the word due to English not being your first language. However my belief is not a theory.

Lots of people who speak English just fine often misuse the word theory to give more weight to their arguments. An unverifiable belief in how something works is not a theory which is why I chose to call your belief a superstition.

I used a word that is somewhat like belief to discredit your arguments as I believed you intentionally misused theory to give weight to your arguments.
    Last edited by M1K3; 5/27/2010 6:42pm at . Reason: replace guess with belief...it was just cleaner that way.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2010 6:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You did and he didn't say there was anything superstituous about your post.

I didn't omit anything. You are telling him to "forget your superstitious bullshit." I said "he didn't say anything about superstition." He is not attacking superstitions he is telling you to be clear.

Then listen and learn.
    Oh my.. This time you misundertand me.. I said ' I omit your word' not mentioning about your omit. I also said it is the tease to myself, there is someone else who saying about my 'superstition' but not him.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast