Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 11:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sherdog MMA Rankings seem f*cked up.

Am i the only who is pissed with some of Sherdog's recent rankings?

Heavyweights: Why is Overeem so low in rank? The guy just completely fucking destroyed Rogers, a guy who actually did a pretty good job against Fedor and he's ranked lower than Dos Santos?

Middleweights: Belfort just completely destroyed Rich Franklin(a guy that would be at least top 5 ranking if he still fought at middleweight) and is only ranked at #7 on the list? I say that a convincing win like that should grant at least top 3 status. And then there is Okami, who even though he lost to Sonnen(and was ranked as #2 in the world before the loss), did no worse than Marquadt yet is only ranked at #8.

Welterweight: I have no fucking clue how Dan Hardy is ranked so high. His only notable win was against Swick and it wasn't even that impressive, whereas Paulo Thiago, who just convincingly put Swick away is ranked lower. Now some may argue that Hardy went the distance with GSP, and praise his toughness for sticking it out with those 2 big submissions. However, GSP did NOT want to break Hardy's arm, and I honestly believe if he had the intention of doing so, he could have snapped his arm like a fucking twig.

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 12:16am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rankings are like a box of chocolate, you never know what you’re going to get.

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 12:21am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by llzack404 View Post
    Yes. Because most people that know and care about martial arts more than a passing fad in their lives give little stock to arbitrary lists usually written by people that don't train.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

('._.)

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 9:18am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Heavyweights: Why is Overeem so low in rank? The guy just completely fucking destroyed Rogers, a guy who actually did a pretty good job against Fedor and he's ranked lower than Dos Santos?
    Because Rogers only big MMA win is against a glass jawed has-been. Overeem has to beat some top fighters to become top ranked himself, a 40 year old Fujita and Paul Buentello do not count.

Not saying I fully agree with Sherdogs lists, cant really be bothered going through it now and nitpick about it. But a lot of people seem to misunderstand what rankings are made of. They are not made of who you "think would beat whom" or "who beat whom a few years ago" they are made of who has been the most consistent fighter for the last few years and what they have been doing lately.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 9:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly believe if he had the intention of doing so, he could have snapped his arm like a fucking twig.
    GSP said himself he WANTED to break it...but he couldnt, that being said, I agree with your assessment of his ranking.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 11:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    glass jawed
    [citation needed]

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 3:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Middleweights: Belfort just completely destroyed Rich Franklin(a guy that would be at least top 5 ranking if he still fought at middleweight) and is only ranked at #7 on the list? I say that a convincing win like that should grant at least top 3 status. And then there is Okami, who even though he lost to Sonnen(and was ranked as #2 in the world before the loss), did no worse than Marquadt yet is only ranked at #8.
    Overeem has no MMA HW bouts of note except against Rogers, who is also coming off being KTFO. Talent wise he may warrant higher ranking but his record doesn't support that.

Belfort's only MW wins consist of Lindland and Martin. The Franklin fight was at 195 and Belfort has not fought at 185 in the UFC. It is absurd to rank him higher at MW based on those two wins.

Welterweight: I have no fucking clue how Dan Hardy is ranked so high. His only notable win was against Swick and it wasn't even that impressive, whereas Paulo Thiago, who just convincingly put Swick away is ranked lower. Now some may argue that Hardy went the distance with GSP, and praise his toughness for sticking it out with those 2 big submissions. However, GSP did NOT want to break Hardy's arm, and I honestly believe if he had the intention of doing so, he could have snapped his arm like a fucking twig.
    Hardy is ranked way higher than he deserves.
    I think sherdog likes his hair.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 3:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    [citation needed]
    He has taken some big shots and walked through them but he also has been put down a lot. Now some would argue that the shots that put him down would drop anyone (and I'd agree) but he has way too many ko's for people not to be dismissive of his chin.

('._.)

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 5:09pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    [citation needed]
    6 KO losses in 23 fights.

blotter art.

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 5:15pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    However, GSP did NOT want to break Hardy's arm, and I honestly believe if he had the intention of doing so, he could have snapped his arm like a fucking twig.
    Dumbest **** ever. People who say this are morons.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast