POWERRR!

Posted On:
    8/23/2010 7:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfingaz123 View Post
    I had my neck dislocated that way about 2 years ago and it's still not right. Still pops every time i look up past a certain point. Im a musician and had to do shows sitting down in a chair with a neck brace for weeks after that. My personal opinion would be to focus on safer escapes and keep that for a last option. But had a puny neck then and was a complete noob though so take it for what it's worth.
    how the **** do you dislocate your neck?

wouldn't that result in you having to sit down for more than 2 weeks? like forever?
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/23/2010 9:37am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, this escape does not mean you trip the guy and face dive onto the floor. You need to move around to their side (The side your head is NOT on) before you trip them so that you avoid just faceplanting. That takes strain off of your neck, keeps you from getting spiked on your skull, and lands you in side control instead of just fucking yourself up and landing in guard where they can finish the guillotine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2010 11:41am

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To echo what was said above, if you find yourself being DDTed a la Jake the Snake Roberts while attempting this escape then you are definitely missing some crucial details and need to ask your instructor to demonstrate it again. As mentioned, you need to make sure to clear the attacker's legs so as not to end up in their guard. Second, the arm over the back, in theory, is meant to prevent you from going to the ground in an uncontrolled manner/speed and to prevent the attacker from being able to fully torque the hold by leaning back.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 6:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    how the **** do you dislocate your neck?

wouldn't that result in you having to sit down for more than 2 weeks? like
    forever?
    The guy fell backwards sharply and i felt my neck elongate and pop twice. Didn't hurt too much at the time but when i woke up the next morning and tried to get up, i was literally paralyzed with pain. I had to hold my head with my hands and roll out of bed. Every time i let go my neck popped out violently to the point that it took me to my knees. I immediatley went to a chiropractor who worked on me for a couple hours and i got a neck brace. She said my (tacets) were disclocated. Many painful chiro sessions later i could take the brace off and slowly got back the ability to walk regular again and train. It SUCKED. It still pops if i look up and back down but not nearly as painful anymore. Still see a chiropractor at least once a month or every week now (cause it's cheap here) to keep it tamed.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 12:31pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfingaz123 View Post
    She said my (tacets) were disclocated. .
    Either you are spelling that very wrong, you misunderstood what she said, or she was completely bullshitting you.

Either way, you did NOT dislocate your "tacets". I would seek a second opinion or find a new chiro.

To the op:
    Drill the move a **** load. Then when you have it down without errors, try it again. You will get more comfortable with it, and strengthen your neck more in the process.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 11:47pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've rolled out of some guillotines

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2010 1:03am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukyomi View Post
    I've rolled out of some guillotines
    *golf clap:

sucking on your boyfriends dick doesn't count as a guillotine.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always just wristlock my way out of the guillotine. 80% of the time, it works 100% of the time.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    9/02/2010 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, stop running at people head first.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/03/2010 7:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=diesel_tke;2430245]Either you are spelling that very wrong, you misunderstood what she said, or she was completely bullshitting you.

Either way, you did NOT dislocate your "tacets". I would seek a second opinion or find a new chiro.

She either said "tacets" or "facets". I don't remember, I'm not a doctor. Facet syndrome sound familiar, or like something she made up on the spot?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast