Posted On:
    1/14/2013 11:56pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    Roger Machado is in the Pasadena area I believe,

Gokor is in North Hollywood. Maybe a 20 minute drive unless traffic is really bad.
    Nah, I've been to Gokor's too often, trust me it's only 10 minute drive from most of Van Nuys and Burbank.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 12:42am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Nah, I've been to Gokor's too often, trust me it's only 10 minute drive from most of Van Nuys and Burbank.
    Think he is coming from Pasadena. Don't get me wrong though, Gokor is awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 9:29am

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll actually be in Sierra Madre, so Gokor would be 20-30 minutes. I'd love to train at Machado's, but I understand his rates are in the mid $200's, which is a bit much.

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 10:36am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kerr has a hell of an ego. He has his own Wing Chun;
    Progressive Wing Chung, "It is the blending of the linear striking and solid defense of Wing Chun with the hooks, footwork, and head movement of boxing that makes our style of Wing Chun truly “Progressive”

He has his own kickboxing (Kerr Kickboxing Method), The Kerr Kickboxing Method is mainly derived from Muay Thai, “the Art of 8 Limbs”. As such, we also learn plenty of powerful elbows and knees. In addition to Muay Thai, Sijo Kerr has studied Chinese kickboxing and Shotokan Karate, and several of our instructors have cross-trained in Tae Kwon Do. Kerr Kickboxing Method is a blend of these; we use what works, we make it tighter, and do away with the rest. This is not formal Muay Thai; it’s Progressive Kickboxing.

And he even has his own Jiu-Jitsu method (Kerr Ryu Jiu-Jitsu), "The ground fighting taught at KERR MMA is a perfect blend of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Small Circle Japanese Jiu Jitsu, Chinese DeSui, Sambo, freestyle wrestling, ground and pound cage fighting, wing chun anti grappling and good old street fighting blended together by Sifu David Kerr and taught with the aspect of real life altercations...."

All part of Kerr MMA. Pretty impressive as most people only invent one super martial art of their own ;)

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 10:47am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knive attack video is....interesting.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 12:46pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Kerr has a hell of an ego. He has his own Wing Chun;
    Progressive Wing Chung, "It is the blending of the linear striking and solid defense of Wing Chun with the hooks, footwork, and head movement of boxing that makes our style of Wing Chun truly “Progressive”

He has his own kickboxing (Kerr Kickboxing Method), The Kerr Kickboxing Method is mainly derived from Muay Thai, “the Art of 8 Limbs”. As such, we also learn plenty of powerful elbows and knees. In addition to Muay Thai, Sijo Kerr has studied Chinese kickboxing and Shotokan Karate, and several of our instructors have cross-trained in Tae Kwon Do. Kerr Kickboxing Method is a blend of these; we use what works, we make it tighter, and do away with the rest. This is not formal Muay Thai; it’s Progressive Kickboxing.

And he even has his own Jiu-Jitsu method (Kerr Ryu Jiu-Jitsu), "The ground fighting taught at KERR MMA is a perfect blend of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Small Circle Japanese Jiu Jitsu, Chinese DeSui, Sambo, freestyle wrestling, ground and pound cage fighting, wing chun anti grappling and good old street fighting blended together by Sifu David Kerr and taught with the aspect of real life altercations...."

All part of Kerr MMA. Pretty impressive as most people only invent one super martial art of their own ;)
    Did you read the thread on dumb martial art names?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 12:48pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doc8404 View Post
    I'll actually be in Sierra Madre, so Gokor would be 20-30 minutes. I'd love to train at Machado's, but I understand his rates are in the mid $200's, which is a bit much.
    Pfft, 20 minutes? You drive slow old man! LOL. Well at least you'll be near an Ikea.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 12:54pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Old man! Well, I did leave socal in 1996, so things may have changed some. I understand you all use distilled oil in horseless buggies nowadays.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 12:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Knive attack video is....interesting.
    Wow. I've been wasting my time with FMA. All I have to do is attack with the "chicken wing". It's unbeatable!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 12:59pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doc8404 View Post
    Wow. I've been wasting my time with FMA. All I have to do is attack with the "chicken wing". It's unbeatable!

I was about to reply with "WTF is that elbow thing" Chicken Wing style though, sounds like it could catch on, even better Kerr Progressive Chicken Wing style?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast