Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,471
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    Roger Machado is in the Pasadena area I believe,

    Gokor is in North Hollywood. Maybe a 20 minute drive unless traffic is really bad.
    Nah, I've been to Gokor's too often, trust me it's only 10 minute drive from most of Van Nuys and Burbank.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    545
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Nah, I've been to Gokor's too often, trust me it's only 10 minute drive from most of Van Nuys and Burbank.
    Think he is coming from Pasadena. Don't get me wrong though, Gokor is awesome.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    50
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll actually be in Sierra Madre, so Gokor would be 20-30 minutes. I'd love to train at Machado's, but I understand his rates are in the mid $200's, which is a bit much.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kerr has a hell of an ego. He has his own Wing Chun;
    Progressive Wing Chung, "It is the blending of the linear striking and solid defense of Wing Chun with the hooks, footwork, and head movement of boxing that makes our style of Wing Chun truly “Progressive”

    He has his own kickboxing (Kerr Kickboxing Method), The Kerr Kickboxing Method is mainly derived from Muay Thai, “the Art of 8 Limbs”. As such, we also learn plenty of powerful elbows and knees. In addition to Muay Thai, Sijo Kerr has studied Chinese kickboxing and Shotokan Karate, and several of our instructors have cross-trained in Tae Kwon Do. Kerr Kickboxing Method is a blend of these; we use what works, we make it tighter, and do away with the rest. This is not formal Muay Thai; it’s Progressive Kickboxing.

    And he even has his own Jiu-Jitsu method (Kerr Ryu Jiu-Jitsu), "The ground fighting taught at KERR MMA is a perfect blend of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Small Circle Japanese Jiu Jitsu, Chinese DeSui, Sambo, freestyle wrestling, ground and pound cage fighting, wing chun anti grappling and good old street fighting blended together by Sifu David Kerr and taught with the aspect of real life altercations...."

    All part of Kerr MMA. Pretty impressive as most people only invent one super martial art of their own ;)

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knive attack video is....interesting.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,471
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Kerr has a hell of an ego. He has his own Wing Chun;
    Progressive Wing Chung, "It is the blending of the linear striking and solid defense of Wing Chun with the hooks, footwork, and head movement of boxing that makes our style of Wing Chun truly “Progressive”

    He has his own kickboxing (Kerr Kickboxing Method), The Kerr Kickboxing Method is mainly derived from Muay Thai, “the Art of 8 Limbs”. As such, we also learn plenty of powerful elbows and knees. In addition to Muay Thai, Sijo Kerr has studied Chinese kickboxing and Shotokan Karate, and several of our instructors have cross-trained in Tae Kwon Do. Kerr Kickboxing Method is a blend of these; we use what works, we make it tighter, and do away with the rest. This is not formal Muay Thai; it’s Progressive Kickboxing.

    And he even has his own Jiu-Jitsu method (Kerr Ryu Jiu-Jitsu), "The ground fighting taught at KERR MMA is a perfect blend of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Small Circle Japanese Jiu Jitsu, Chinese DeSui, Sambo, freestyle wrestling, ground and pound cage fighting, wing chun anti grappling and good old street fighting blended together by Sifu David Kerr and taught with the aspect of real life altercations...."

    All part of Kerr MMA. Pretty impressive as most people only invent one super martial art of their own ;)
    Did you read the thread on dumb martial art names?

  7. #17

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,471
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doc8404 View Post
    I'll actually be in Sierra Madre, so Gokor would be 20-30 minutes. I'd love to train at Machado's, but I understand his rates are in the mid $200's, which is a bit much.
    Pfft, 20 minutes? You drive slow old man! LOL. Well at least you'll be near an Ikea.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    50
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Old man! Well, I did leave socal in 1996, so things may have changed some. I understand you all use distilled oil in horseless buggies nowadays.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    50
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Knive attack video is....interesting.
    Wow. I've been wasting my time with FMA. All I have to do is attack with the "chicken wing". It's unbeatable!

  10. #20

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    450
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doc8404 View Post
    Wow. I've been wasting my time with FMA. All I have to do is attack with the "chicken wing". It's unbeatable!

    I was about to reply with "WTF is that elbow thing" Chicken Wing style though, sounds like it could catch on, even better Kerr Progressive Chicken Wing style?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO