Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 10:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA, DBMA, Dirty Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

FMA Training Partners in L.A.

I've been training various FMA styles for the last 15 years. Currently training in Dog Brothers Martial Arts. I'm interested in sharing knowledge, working drills, exploring techniques and doing some sparring with padded sticks. I want to work single stick, double stick, knife, empty hands and grappling. I have a large, private place to train or we can find a mutually convenient park or other public place. Email me memelone at yahoo dot com -Mike

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 11:40pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeez, another mike that does FMA. You should hit up Poi Dog, he's one of our local dog brother participants. Who you train with?

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 1:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train with Marc Denny so I'm sure I'll run across Poi Dog at some point. Probably in September.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 3:20pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't live in LA so I can't do any regular meet ups with you, but I don't mind going up there some time in the future for a meet up. I'm a student of James Stacy, a Dan Inosanto/Dog Brothers lineage instructor.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 2:27am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woof blues:

My schedule has been switching around quite a bit lately, but Saturday mornings in North Hollywood are pretty stable for the NoHo clan. We've got a good mix of full brothers - myself (Poi), Tennessee, Boo, Pappy, Junkyard to name a few - all pretty consistent. If you can make it up to NoHo on Saturdays, it'd be a good group for you to work with. If you can't make Saturdays, shoot me a PM and maybe we can set something else up...I know Frankfurter has been itching to get some training prep in for the Fall Gathering.

Woof karma:

If/when you are heading inbound, hit me up as well, maybe we can get a big group set up once a month or so. BTW, please tell James "Howzit" for me and let him know we missed him as timekeeper/armorer at the last Gathering.

Aloha to both of you, Poi
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2010 2:09pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aloha to you too sir. I like that idea, I'll talk to other students and see if they want to come too.

Also, I'll be sure to let him know.

Posted On:
    7/15/2010 12:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Karma - Anytime you can make it bro. I have a regular thing at my house on Tuesday nights which you are welcome to check out. But I'm down pretty much anytime.

@Poi - I'd like to check out the NoHo clan. I usually train with Crafty on Saturdays but he's been traveling a lot lately so I hope to check you guys out soon.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    7/19/2010 1:43am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woof blues - The park behind the Gold's Gym at Laurel Canyon & Erwin, Saturdays 10:30 a.m. Come on by when you get the chance. Look forward to meeting you.

Aloha, Poi
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 10:50pm

Style: ARMA, Antagonistics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey there Poi,
    A friend and I are interested in coming by check out the NoHo clan sometime if you all would be willing to have us. He has about a year and a half of stick fighting experience in Pekiti Tirsia, and I have about three years experience as a fencer who also does single stick and staff fighting. Were trying to advance our skills but its been difficult for us to find people to do drill work and sparring with, and wed be honored if we could stop by one Saturday morning to learn with you all.