Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 11:01pm

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Why do you assume he's not wearing a cup? I've been dropped through my cup tons of times over the years and I can't think of the last time I watched a card of mma fights without seeing at least one match (between highly conditioned athletes with adrenaline in their system) stopped due to ballshots through a steel cup?
    I got knocked down by a back kick to the cup just Thursday night and I didn't have this kind of reaction. Those kicks weren't nearly so hard. That chunner threw a pretty light-looking kick and got the reaction you get when you hit uncupped nuts.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: The Jits + Hung Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    I got knocked down by a back kick to the cup just Thursday night and I didn't have this kind of reaction. Those kicks weren't nearly so hard. That chunner threw a pretty light-looking kick and got the reaction you get when you hit uncupped nuts.
    My best guess is that he was wearing a compression short or brief style cup with no actual strap to secure it to his body. Often cups like this can slide and pinch the goods when contact is made.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 11:25pm

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezzle View Post
    My best guess is that he was wearing a compression short or brief style cup with no actual strap to secure it to his body. Often cups like this can slide and pinch the goods when contact is made.
    That's really a dumb thing to do when below-the-belt contact is guaranteed in your style of competition. So now our verdict is wing chun wins in competition as long as they break the rules AND their opponents are improperly equipped?

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 11:54pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsfen View Post
    And even if he did, would he expect to have any chance at all given that some of his most effective tecniques are not allowed?
    When a chunner enters a tournament with rules, he should be honorable follow the rules and not play by his own arbitrary ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsfen View Post
    And, as anything, theres also a reason as to why the other guys didnt cover their groin, even after being kicked there multiple times.
    When a chunner enters a tournament with rules, he should be honorable follow the rules and not play by his own arbitrary ones.

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 12:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    Well, you could be right, maybe he's not wearing a cup. OTOH placement counts for a lot with groin kicks. Back kick goes straight in and is more likely to hit general cup area, but the chunners kick came upwards and may have gotten a direct hit on his balls. Upward hits can also push a cup out of place.

Either way, I'm surprised he wasn't trying to protect his balls after the second hit. I'd give a guy the benifit of the doubt for 2 shots to the groin, but 3? Time to say **** the little plastic trophy and give him a foul he doesn't get right up from.
    Last edited by maofas; 5/24/2010 12:41am at .

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 12:47am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, the first is shame on him, the second is shame on you. The third is hospitalisation for him to remove his testicles from his throat because that is where my next kick would place them. I think that's a saying from New South Wales, I know they have it in Queensland, so it might be in New South Wales.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 1:20am

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please, someone invite this guy to spar at an escrima school, and let him go for all the nutshots he wants to, while he's getting beat in the head with a stick or stabbed. Either way is fine with me.

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 1:43am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next time I go to a BJJ comp I'm going to just smack the guy in the mouth with a roundhouse kick, then put the video up on YouTube and claim how Kyokushin beat BJJ!

/end sarcasm

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 1:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    Actually that was a very good demonstation on centerline kicking theory applied by kicking to the groin to stop hit a round house kick. We're taught to do this at my school too. I have done this in sparring very little due to the not so nice nature of the move and now I'm retraining myself to kick the standing leg but this is a very basic wing chun idea/ the groin is one of the centerline's most vital and common target for us. I noticed his footwork was little off and his ahnd placement wasn't perfect but that was actually a pretty good example of what we're taught to do.

It was cheating under kyokushin rules but that's why wing chun fighters complain about rules in all the arguments. This is what should technically happen in a pure wing chun fighter goes into a sports compitition.

disqualification.

As for the response to my post Actually according to my understanding wing chun was ORIGINALLY designed to fight against chinese kung fu. But today in modern society it's primarily taught to help the average person defend themself. If your school trains to defeat MMA fighters then that's great and I hope and wish the best for you. I look forward to seeing you perform well in sanshou or lei tai competition.
    Would it be so difficult to just aim 4 inches higher and hit the lower abdomen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 2:39am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post
    Would it be so difficult to just aim 4 inches higher and hit the lower abdomen?
    Then they would have to realize that a low percentage shot on which a chunk of their system hinges is not the devastating move they thought it would be. They would then be forced to be more well rounded which requires more work. It would take away from the "Wing Chun is for the average person..." argument because one of their equalizers (the nut shot) would be exposed as less than devastating.

Don't talk too loudly Zendokan. You might wake them.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast