POWERRR!

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 4:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsfen View Post
    If you have to make rules to cover up your own weaknesses your not proving anything either. If those guys knew how to protect their groin or face or throats or eyes, they would have.
    oh you fucking idiot. Look at my style field.

Does this mean I can't kick you in the fucking balls? because the sports I do prohibit it?

Does this mean if I kick you in the balls that I'm using Wing Chun, and thereby gratifying your self illusions while you sit there jerking off in a pile of your own ****?

**** you.

The sad fact is, those groin kicks hurt the karate point fighter, but they didn't end the fight.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 4:38am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That kyokushin fighter didn't move like any seasoned kyokushin fighter I've ever seen. He was kinda bouncy and where were the 500 mawashi geri to the lead leg most Kyokushin fighters carry around with them?

In the OP video I'm especially unimpressed when someone "spars" with kicks and wears sneakers to do it. Well I'm sorry but bullshit. Real hard-contact sparring with sneakers on would lead to serious injuries. The fact that it isn't doing so in these videos is plain evidence that something else is going on, or nobody knows how to throw a kick. Mostly both.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 5:26am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    troll is obvious :/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 6:42am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont disregard the validity of a martial art based on the fact that its not on TV.
    I just love that you're saying this to a person whose stylefield says "xingyi".

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 8:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi guys,

Found a WC school that has some sparring and is mixing with a Gracie BJJ school.
    Hah if this is gracie combatives, it would make perfect sense.

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 9:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know if its a 'combatives' course, but basically theres a gracie school down the road from us, and were giving them time slots in our Kwoon. Obviously we have to pay extra to get these classes, but our sparring classes also incorporate this ground game. So while our Sifu has taken up BJJ, he's not the one teaching it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 9:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    It Is Fake is sure that this won't help them, I guess because it will just reinforce bad WC habits. You dudes know more than I do about that stuff.
    Only in Martial Arts do people believe that you can learn just by doing. I have never understood this thinking at all. If you never spar and one day you do, you'll learn what doesn't work but, you need a person who spars on a regular basis to TEACH you how to spar.

I suppose jumping straight into full contact can teach you what doesn't work, after years of traditional (Karate) training it took some heavy head shots to teach me what doesn't work:violent1: but thats a hard lesson for a beginner - I wouldn't wish that week long headache on anyone and I doubt the instructors insurers would be too happy. On the plus side though it might convince them to drop the WC to join a proper BJJ club:nike:
    Did you go to a different style with a teacher that sparred or people who knew how to spar?

Or did you make it up as you went along?

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 10:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Snake Plissken: The purpose of this post was to answer the question I raised at the very start. I dont see how thats at all confusing...
    No.
    It wasn't. This is what is stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by STATEMENT BY TSFEN
    Hi guys,

Found a WC school that has some sparring and is mixing with a Gracie BJJ school. The vid shows 1 guy 'feeding' and the other guy using WC or BJJ (if on the ground)
    then you question:
    What do you guys think? Step in the right direction?
    I merely asked:
    I think I want to know the actual point of you starting this thread.
    Are you using it as a means of justification for the legitimacy of your chosen style?
    Are you using it to demonstrate where you and your school are going?
    Are you using it to show how poorly things can be performed when performed half-effort?
    Are you dipping your toe into the water, determining the response of this message board and THEN planning on forming your opinion?
    LULZ?
    what is your intention of this thread and we will tell you what we think.
    You still didn't answer the WHY. You found this video, fine. You posted it without ANY commitment of opinion on your part. You merely licked your finger and stuck it in the breeze to gauge the reaction of the posters here before you would take a stance.

What do you guys think? Step in the right direction?

Isn't forming an opinion, it is a non-committal comment which allows you the ability to take whichever prevailing opinion, of pro or con, is dominating. I think you thought this video would lend credence and legitimacy to your training and lack the courage of your convictions to state this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 10:32am

Style: bitchin' and whinin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

Did you go to a different style with a teacher that sparred or people who knew how to spar?
    I sparred with people who knew how to punch hard, before getting myself training with people who know how to teach safe sparring. I got myself a good Idea that's not the best way to go about things. I was young and daft.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 10:46am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    I sparred with people who knew how to punch hard, before getting myself training with people who know how to teach safe sparring. I got myself a good Idea that's not the best way to go about things. I was young and daft.
    Unless you start at a good school, which is much easier now, that is exactly how most of us learned. The hard way. It is what made me leave my first Mcdojo and not completely hate my second Mcdojo.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast