Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 9:55pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frankly, OP's video made me snort so hard a booger came out.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 10:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if those videos were proof of wing chuns effectivness im sorry that was bullshit.... Any decent boxer or Judo guy would make there head ring so hard he would reduced to lying in a bed mumbling about chi sao and **** like that all day...

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 10:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just yeah uhmmm wow........

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 10:10pm

Style: ukemi & tapping out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsfen View Post
    and other than non-WC guys, ive never heard someone say that WC is designed primarily to attack someone untrained...it worked quite well against these guys:
    YouTube- Wing Chun Bing Fa Kung Fu, Si sook Adrian de Boers 1995 Vs Kyokushin Karate
    YouTube- Wing Chun Bing Fa Kung Fu, Sifu Julian de Boers National All Styles 1995 Wing Chun Vs Tae kwon do
    All I'm seeing here is some asshat that breaks the rules multiple times by kicking to groin, and in the case of the kyokushin match also punching to the face. If you have to cheat you're not proving anything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 10:26pm

Style: Street Focus Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still think the double leg attempt was crap. Then again this guy is no Mark Schultz, and probably not even close to a high school wrestler. I suck at my doubles too though.

That aside, this proves nothing. I could say Sambo is better than BJJ and show you a video of a Sambo guys kicking a Jits guy's ass. Still doesn't prove the style is better. I think what I've learned from Bullshido is that after its shown countless times then we can come to the conclusion WC stands its own against other styles.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 10:35pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shotfghter View Post
    I still think the double leg attempt was crap. Then again this guy is no Mark Schultz, and probably not even close to a high school wrestler. I suck at my doubles too though.

That aside, this proves nothing. I could say Sambo is better than BJJ and show you a video of a Sambo guys kicking a Jits guy's ass. Still doesn't prove the style is better. I think what I've learned from Bullshido is that after its shown countless times then we can come to the conclusion WC stands its own against other styles.
    Funny how this isn't what was represented in the OP.

Is the initial video a step in the right direction? No.

Getting proper training and then teaching it to your students is a step in the right direction.

Half assing and poor teaching is wrong no matter what it is in any endeavor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 11:35pm

Style: Street Focus Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was referring to this post, Post # 20 No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Finally WC sparring and mixing in with ground game "My style holds up right? If it can beat these styles..." Edit: After re-reading and looking at your notification that I was taking the message wrong I think this (The OP is saying this, NOT wingchunx2z!)

wingchunx2z: The little BJJ that we do is geared toward returning to our feet, but we also learn what to do if mounted etc, as this does happen often.
    Clarifies your message more Fake. Why the hell would you half ass on the BJJ?

And an even more interesting questions comes up; If I half ass wing chun as a BJJ practitioner what would I have in the end to show for it? Chain Punches with no or sticky hands/horse stance , or whatever its called will get me killed in the street.
    Last edited by shotfghter; 5/22/2010 11:46pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 11:41pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shotfghter View Post
    I was referring to this post, Post # 20 No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Finally WC sparring and mixing in with ground game "My style holds up right? If it can beat these styles..."
    Yes, as I said mantra. You are falling for the typical chun derail.

You either get the lowest common denominator Bullshit lie defense:
    wing chun typically teaches for the average person. The average person doenst like getting hit and will often fold up if they get hit 5 times in row in a chain barrage.
    Or the look we can beat people too defense:
    ive never heard someone say that WC is designed primarily to attack someone untrained...it worked quite well against these guys

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 11:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Guess View Post
    All I'm seeing here is some asshat that breaks the rules multiple times by kicking to groin, and in the case of the kyokushin match also punching to the face. If you have to cheat you're not proving anything.
    If you have to make rules to cover up your own weaknesses your not proving anything either. If those guys knew how to protect their groin or face or throats or eyes, they would have.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 11:50pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsfen View Post
    If you have to make rules to cover up your own weaknesses your not proving anything either. If those guys knew how to protect their groin or face or throats or eyes, they would have.
    Then why did you post competition videos as proof?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast