When I Get Back

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 10:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsfen View Post
    Hi guys,

Found a WC school that has some sparring and is mixing with a Gracie BJJ school. The vid shows 1 guy 'feeding' and the other guy using WC or BJJ (if on the ground)
    What do you guys think? Step in the right direction?
    I think I want to know the actual point of you starting this thread.
    Are you using it as a means of justification for the legitimacy of your chosen style?
    Are you using it to demonstrate where you and your school are going?
    Are you using it to show how poorly things can be performed when performed half-effort?
    Are you dipping your toe into the water, determining the response of this message board and THEN planning on forming your opinion?
    LULZ?
    what is your intention of this thread and we will tell you what we think.

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 10:11am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 10:18am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchun willie View Post
    wing chun rules. you bullshido posters suck horse cocks and take it in the ass.
    You're half right!

But that's still a terrible demo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 10:26am

Style: bitchin' and whinin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Edit:
    Better bad is still Bad.
    ^^
    This is an answer to the OP! Awesome. Now I understand.

I wasn't sure whether MMAMickey and later Coach Josh were critiqueing the performance of the students in the video themselves, or the question of weather the training exercise they were using was of any use.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Oh and to the rest of your post uhmm where did you get Kitamon or are you trying to be funny?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=60757&page=29

Here: p29; seems to be the closest to a discussion of what "feeding" means, the first search I did bought up a thread on feeding animals steroids.

Looks like Tsfen already clarified what he meant though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 10:30am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** this. I am sticking to judo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 1:58pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsfen View Post
    Hi guys,

Found a WC school that has some sparring and is mixing with a Gracie BJJ school. The vid shows 1 guy 'feeding' and the other guy using WC or BJJ (if on the ground)
    YouTube- Wing Chun Bing Fa Sparring Class Vs MMA-striking, kicking and grappling 2010.

What do you guys think? Step in the right direction?
    Hey, I like it. It's a step in the right direction but ther problem that I see with it first off is the big issue with wing chun demos and most sparring stuff on youtube. Wing chun typically teaches for the average person. The average person doenst like getting hit and will often fold up if they get hit 5 times in row in a chain barrage. A boxer or combat sport player will not.

When the WC fighter rushes forwards the other guys curls up in a fetal ball and runs away. This is fine for training against people who don't have alot of fight expereince but against a combat sports fighter it's not realistic. It teaches the wing chun man to be over agressive and offensive without the power behind his strikes to back it up.

A good example of this is this morning I was sparring in open mat with some of the MMA fighters in my BJJ gym .When I would counter they would come right over the top or circle out and swing. They never allowed me to come in and hit them 6 times as they curled up.

This is why you often see two men swinging for the fences till someone falls down in the UFC. Wing chun's strikes as a beginner do not have the power to match the kinetic linking of a boxer or haymaker type attack.

In short, If you're going to simulate a type of other martial artist then you want to have an idea of how the other style uses thier techniques as well as what they do.

The wrestling was pretty bad, thge BJJ was ok for beginners. But I would reccomend them to try to tailor thier game trowards returning to thier feet if thier wing chun ((striking) is thier primary weapon.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 3:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    This is fine for training against people who don't have alot of fight expereince
    Which in and of itself isn't fine.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 3:17pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Which in and of itself isn't fine.
    He's a chunner this is part of the mantra.

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 6:22pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really, x2z, I thought you were past all this crap. WC sucks balls, you get a ballsy untrained dude and the pitted patter of those ***** punches will results in a technique black hole where you think five chain punches is going to shut him down and he thinks taking your straight line air pellets to the head is good because normally he gets knocked out by real fighters, soon youre playing happy slaps and you're wondering when you are able to give him a blowjob.

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 9:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Snake Plissken: The purpose of this post was to answer the question I raised at the very start. I dont see how thats at all confusing...

wingchunx2z: The little BJJ that we do is geared toward returning to our feet, but we also learn what to do if mounted etc, as this does happen often.

For the record, we are not taught to rush in and play happy slaps by chain punching all day long...that is a very small part of it, and chain punching is meant to be a tecnique used when youre already on their blindside and have pinned their elbow to their body (i.e. dont charge in like a lunatic...an experienced guy will just give you a solid cross and knock you out). Also, most chain punching you see on youtube is utter crap which is why WC has a stigma of having weak, half assed punches that do little but distract a weak opponent. An explanation of how to execute the chain punch is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=76MV...eature=channel

and other than non-WC guys, ive never heard someone say that WC is designed primarily to attack someone untrained...it worked quite well against these guys:
    YouTube- Wing Chun Bing Fa Kung Fu, Si sook Adrian de Boers 1995 Vs Kyokushin Karate
    YouTube- Wing Chun Bing Fa Kung Fu, Sifu Julian de Boers National All Styles 1995 Wing Chun Vs Tae kwon do
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast