Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 11:14am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shhhhh....... No logical points, this is a _ing _un thread.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 11:41am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Shhhhh....... No logical points, this is a _ing _un thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 12:17pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezzle View Post
    That's exactly what I was saying. If you can supposedly counter with a kick to the groin, why can't you just check the kick or aim your kick a few inches higher? Why is there this thought that other kicking styles CAN'T deliver a blow to the jewels if they desired to aim for this part of the body?

And this is coming from another Kung Fu stylist!

Head. Meet desk.
    The answer to this is that we are aware we can be attacked in our groin. That is why our stance and sticking leg training is designed to counter it as a possibility. Because most sport training is revolved around the rules for competition the things that are not allowed in the competition are often times not touched upon or trained. I have seen MTripp's dirty judo video thingy where he talks about we can use dirty tricks too but we have better position to do so. That's great I'm glad he has prepared his students to consider this particular avenue of thought. But alot of BJJ and judo schools are far more competition based.

So yes, a strong kicking style can utilize groin kicks, probably with more effectiveness than we do becasue they train the kicking technique more as it's a larger part of thier art. Both wing chun and his opponent can attack the groin. The difference lies in the fact thet we train specefically expecting it as a possibility. It's the primary reason why in my system of wing chun we are told not to do round house kicks.

As for why dont u check or aim higher its the same as asking why dont you just step backwards duck or block the punch instead of slipping it? All are valid options but one method is more effecient and puts you in a slightly better position to continue attacking.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 12:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you are a fucking idiot.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 12:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will not turn this into a Wing Chun VS Hung Gar debate on sportsmanship.. I will not.. save me...

My brain hurts.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 12:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    As for why dont u check or aim higher its the same as asking why dont you just step backwards duck or block the punch instead of slipping it? All are valid options but one method is more effecient and puts you in a slightly better position to continue attacking.
    Because blocking a punch and/or slipping a punch and/or ducking a punch are all legal in most every organized sporting event.

Nutshots, are not.

Poor choice of argumentative substance.

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 12:59pm

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The answer to this is that we are aware we can be attacked in our groin. That is why our stance and sticking leg training is designed to counter it as a possibility. Because most sport training is revolved around the rules for competition the things that are not allowed in the competition are often times not touched upon or trained. I have seen MTripp's dirty judo video thingy where he talks about we can use dirty tricks too but we have better position to do so. That's great I'm glad he has prepared his students to consider this particular avenue of thought. But alot of BJJ and judo schools are far more competition based.

So yes, a strong kicking style can utilize groin kicks, probably with more effectiveness than we do becasue they train the kicking technique more as it's a larger part of thier art. Both wing chun and his opponent can attack the groin. The difference lies in the fact thet we train specefically expecting it as a possibility. It's the primary reason why in my system of wing chun we are told not to do round house kicks.

I'm loathe to ask this but how the hell does the Chun defend against groin kicks?? I'm 99.9% sure I could teep through anything the Chun has to offer and that's after training it for almost 5 years.

I simply cannot get on board that the Chun nut push kick beats a round kick, sure you can jam them but to discount them is just insane, even if your training Chun.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 1:32pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Notice he now speaks for everyone in the Chun but, if you start attacking his logic, it will become his school and that doesn't happen in my training.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 1:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    I'm loathe to ask this but how the hell does the Chun defend against groin kicks?? I'm 99.9% sure I could teep through anything the Chun has to offer and that's after training it for almost 5 years.

I simply cannot get on board that the Chun nut push kick beats a round kick, sure you can jam them but to discount them is just insane, even if your training Chun.
    Didn't you read the part about the toe-in stance which is like a Magic Nut Shield?

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 1:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First of all, Muay Thai has a front kick (just as Karate and Taekwondo), I'm not talking about the teep (frontpush kick).
    The front kick can use the ball of the foot as strike zone, but also the sole of the heel (especially to the face).
    Yet the roundhouse kick in Muay Thai has not been made absolete by the front kick...so your idea that a frontkick will discount the roundhouse kick isn't really correct.

Second roundhouse kicks are power kicks targetted at the upperbody or head and if you understand the body mechanics that go with a frontkick, you will know that your head will be kept with the chin in your chest and your upperbody will be straight for powergeneration thus putting your head in the striking distance of the roundhouse kick. -> Even if you can hit the groin, the roundhouse will hit you direct in the side of your head at full force, stunning or knocking you out.

Third, let a chunner enter a Daido Juku tournement where groinstrikes are legal...I would really pay money to see that.(but that's just for my entertainment).

Like I said it before, there are some nice techniques and concepts in the chun, but they do NOT validate the complete effectiveness of the art.
    The history/myth of the chun is that it's designed as a quick to learn yet very limited self-defense system (if the story of Ng Mui and Wing Chun is true).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast