Page 1 of 3 123 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone heard of Rothrock's Kung Fu?

I'm from Pennsylvania and Master Ernest Rothrock is considered a reputable Kung Fu instructor in the state, primarily in the Northern Eagle Claw system.

Has anybody ever heard of Ernest Rothrock or attended any of his schools in the Pittsburgh or Scranton area?

GhostOfKimura
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BULL RUSH ON tomdobb!!!

Style
    TKD, MT, KEMPO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any relationship to HK movie star Cynthia Rothrock?

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to ask the same thing. I know both Northern and Southern Eagle Claw. Unless you like foo foo martial arts I wouldn't bother dude.

Style
    Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cynthia Rothrock is hot!
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *edit, traditional eagle claw has very little in ways of practical application though it did help me understand ceartain joint leverages. I don't know that instructor well enough to say he's good or bad.

Style
    TKD, MT, KEMPO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Cynthia Rothrock is hot!
    she's like, 50, now. I'm sure she's hot for her age, but she was never a Jessica Alba or anyhting, on her best day. She's, I'm pretty sure, a Scientologist or something....

Style
    no gi grappling/sambo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know of his schools in the Pittsburgh or Scranton area. My brother is a BB from the Reading (west Lawn) school and held the school in high regard (as do many people from this area). As far as Ernest Rothrock goes I have heard rumors that he was originally a pai lum guy. He is supposedly Leung Shum's successor in the eagle claw lineage, but I don't know how long they trained together. Does Rothrock teach only eagle claw now, or does he still teach "shaolin kung fu" ?

I'll see if my brother knows anything about the Cynthia Rothrock thing next time I see him, or if he knows anything about the Scranton school. He trained at the Pittsburgh school for a weekend. It was an eagle claw seminar, I believe. He said Rothrock's skills were awesome, but I take that with a grain of salt because most people seem to think that way about the head of their style, and it's from a rather biased perspective.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pai Lum? Yeah I'm familiar with that system of eagle claw. No real direct application but funky to learn.

Style
    Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    she's like, 50, now. I'm sure she's hot for her age, but she was never a Jessica Alba or anyhting, on her best day. She's, I'm pretty sure, a Scientologist or something....
    50+ chicks can be very, very sexy. I dont' have to like her religion to fantasize about her.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last