Page 2 of 2 First 12

Deep inside the intestine of a sperm whale
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wy does she slice the arm of the wooden dummy with the sword then grab the same arm?

Either she has only inflicted a slight cut, or shouldn't the arm (theoretically) be possibly sliced off?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Simonet brings up some good criticisms of the arts he's studied, but I find insults towards Dan Inosanto very uncool. Dan has earned his position in the arts and is a good guy. Having said that, there are guys in the Filipino arts that have earned their respect and aren't nearly as well known- guys like Antonio Illustrisimo, and Leo Giron.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meat monkey View Post
    Wy does she slice the arm of the wooden dummy with the sword then grab the same arm?

Either she has only inflicted a slight cut, or shouldn't the arm (theoretically) be possibly sliced off?
    nah, she's de-fanging and the parrying, with a sword its probably stupid, but with a knife its important to check the hand anyways:seppuku:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    I think Simonet brings up some good criticisms of the arts he's studied, but I find insults towards Dan Inosanto very uncool. Dan has earned his position in the arts and is a good guy. Having said that, there are guys in the Filipino arts that have earned their respect and aren't nearly as well known- guys like Antonio Illustrisimo, and Leo Giron.
    So true, but remember generally filipinos where(are) very secretive about kali, especially to westerners, Dan is more open minded, i suppose one could say, and taught everybody. Also the fact he is the authority on JKD attracted alot of students who were subsequently exposed to FMA.

To stay on topic Big Joe has unearned arrogance issues if he is willing to put down Dan...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdbuck76 View Post
    Dan is stuck in the 80's?

Why is he a Machado black belt, then.

**** you, Big Joe. I hope somebody straps on mook jong and rapes you up the ass with it.
    because everyone know BJJ is dated and passe.....:new_Eyecr

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdbuck76 View Post
    Bitching about 80's technology....and yet he uses a wooden dummy?
    seriously, like the people who say paul vunak is dated.... as if eye jabs EVER become dated

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fights4peace View Post
    seriously, like the people who say paul vunak is dated.... as if eye jabs EVER become dated
    Totally
    Paul Vunak will always suck....:toothy10:

Deep inside the intestine of a sperm whale
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fights4peace View Post
    nah, she's de-fanging and the parrying, with a sword its probably stupid, but with a knife its important to check the hand anyways:seppuku:
    Ahh makes sense.. with the knife at least.... I remain in doubt in regards to the sword.

However, given my entire lack of experience re:real sword fights, am willing to chalk that one up to experience :P

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilboy7778 View Post
    Totally
    Paul Vunak will always suck....:toothy10:
    kinda like muay thai and bjj:chewy:

Page 2 of 2 First 12