Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 2:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder what the text message says? "Hi, hope you aren't tapping your toes to music as you read this."
    Or
    "Hi, I'm George Dillman and over the next 300 text messages I will show you the history of my new ancient style and how it and I evolved with our chi to..." I fell asleep just typing it.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/31/2010 11:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osaka peach View Post
    your story clearly illustrates the point I've been trying to make for a long time now; that some parts of the TMA world are akin to religious cults and they perform the same kind of crap tricks as your garden variety jimmy swaggarts and stuff. Some of them dwelve in phony miracle recoveries, some into phony no-touch knockdowns, but the bottom line is that it's all irrational beliefs rooted in the same leap of faith.

:sign12:
    Dillman is TMA???
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 3:58am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are actually the small platoons of Chi Warriors lurking around the mountains of Afghanistan destroying the Taliban. It's an ultra secret weapon. They thought a full Chi army might level the whole mountain range.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 4:15am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In reality though... true story, a "Silat Pendekar" named Jeff Davidson in Detroit gave a private demonstration of his "Highest level of Silat" for a couple Pekiti Tirsia students a while back. I was stoked, thinking we were going to see some nasty joint breaks Etc...

It was a RYUKEN breathing push (without the fireball) involving no touch knock downs, and breath defence from bear hugs, that his students had to be reminded to fall. I wish I had video of the ****.

This is close (sans physical exertion AND fireball)
    Fireball throwin...

My partner and I wanted to volunteer to be "knocked down" by the breathing energy vortex, but our Guro gave us stern looks not to humiliate the guy. One of the most embarassing and frustrating things I've ever had to watch.

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 12:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo BJJ Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No-touch grappling?

I once got put in a no-touch triangle from the no-touch guard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 2:43pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Remember the Yellow Bamboo test?

YouTube- Yellow Bamboo vs reality

When it was posted, I remember reading a couple of comments (not on here - forget where I first saw it now) from supporters along the lines of 'look at the first attempt (0:20 or so) - he definitely deflected the guy using his chi'.

I suspect that the chi master in the other video could probably go through it frame-by-frame with his guys and point out something that he could claim showed his powers briefly working...
    Or, for people from other schools to save even more face, they would probably go through the video and post everything the chi master was doing wrong, concluding that they dont have teh real chi deadly.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234