Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 3:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I've been KNOCKED OUT by NO TOUCH!

Or perhaps I should have made my title read I've been "knocked out" by no touch.

Here’s what happened:

In high school I ate lunch outside, in the courtyard, with a large group of people. About 25% at any given point were friends. One that wasn’t started claiming to be able to knock out people without touching them. I light heartedly challenged this claim but he explained it all using quasi-science. He offered to demonstrate on me and I happily took him up on his offer. His friend stood behind me. I initially stood in my usual fighting stance with my hands down but he said to stand feet parallel shoulder length apart. His reasoning was that otherwise it would be harder to tell which direction I was going to fall in. He then asked if I could remove my shoes. I kicked them off without verbally questioning it. Finally he asked if I could open my mouth. He said that this was because there were ways to mess with my chi flow and he wanted to make sure I wasn’t trying to pull any tricks. So I complied and kept my mouth open.

He flailed his arms about and put both hands on either side of my head, shaking wildly. Nothing happened. He takes a step back and starts doing standard TKD kicks and tricks, ending with a tornado kick and some more arm flailing. He steps forward again and starts shaking those hands. Nothing happens for a second but then his friend behind me tugs on my shirt hard, making me lose my balance backwards. Friend “catches” me but I loudly say I was not knocked out. No Touch Master tells the “audience” that the brain takes awhile to realize it’s been knocked out and that he only used a portion of his energy so that I had recovered quickly but that the results are clear. Much argument ensued.

Afterwards I learned a great many things:

Both guys said they trained under Master Paul Bowman. Never heard of the guy but I looked him up and found he was a student under George Dillman. That was all I needed to hear. I’m not sure if the two were students or if they had simply been to a seminar taught by Paul Bowman.

I initially was in a balanced stance that it would have been difficult to simply tug me out of. That’s why I was asked to change. Not sure if taking off my shoes was necessary. Him asking me to open my mouth however was genius. It took my mind off my feet and made me uncomfortable the entire time.

Friends told me that when the guy was doing his fancy kicks, his friend behind me stepped in closer and was practically touching. I was distracted, as was everyone, by the antics in front of me and in general I was already so far out of my comfort zone I didn’t notice. His arm closest to the audience, there was a wall on the other side of us, may have helped hide his other arm grabbing my shirt in the middle of my back.

I hope this information helps prevent the same scam from happening to you. Clearly this was enough proof for people who already believe in no touch knockouts and I am only preaching to the choir when people do believe me. And keep in mind like any good magic trick, there are multiple ways of performing it so just because someone gets “knocked out” and the guy behind him isn’t touching him, that doesn’t mean that must be the real deal.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 5:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting read. Thanks for posting that.

Have you read Mark Tripp's account of the time he was 'KOed' by George Dillman? You might find it interesting, with some parallels to your own tale.

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - The George Dillman KO

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 6:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had not read that story before but thanks for bringing it to my attention. I was afraid of a sucker punch myself, when the guy asked me to open my mouth.

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 6:46am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for that dude. I hope someone says they can no touch ko. I'm going to say me too then do some outlandish **** around him to put him off then clock him cold with a hook. I'll then stand over him and say, "see, you didn't touch me once".

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 6:52am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "see, you didn't touch me once".

That's the funniest thing I've heard all week.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 9:21am

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Thanks for that dude. I hope someone says they can no touch ko. I'm going to say me too then do some outlandish **** around him to put him off then clock him cold with a hook. I'll then stand over him and say, "see, you didn't touch me once".

^^^Lol!! *Push-ups*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 9:47am

Style: TKD/ TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for posting your story, that was a very interesting read.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 10:28am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    My name is Larus Marinus and I once experienced a no-touch tooth removal. :XXeyeslam

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 10:29am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow that's an awesome story, thanks for sharing. I don't think the chi master realized that by doing this to you, he allowed you to unlock the secrets to share it with the international world of bullshido.

Dave

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 10:36am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveoplata View Post
    Wow that's an awesome story, thanks for sharing. I don't think the chi master realized that by doing this to you, he allowed you to unlock the secrets to share it with the international world of bullshido.

Dave
    If he'd claimed it was a no-touch *knockdown*, he wouldn't strictly have been lying. *He* didn't touch the OP - and the OP fell down.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast