Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #21
    adouglasmhor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Glasgow, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,494
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    And why the **** was the misspelled title used for the merge while using my post. I know how to spell my own city, people.
    The ninjers did it to make you look bad. Aussie ninjers in Glasgow told me.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    97
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good heavens, where will it end? Jason Bourne eh. The mind boggles.

    http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/ninj...0520-vgm7.html

    According to the article, ninjutsu is, at the end of the day, really just a vehicle for self-improvement, self-development. Well we can all feel safer that they aren't just shadowy sociopaths with a penchant for assassination.

    At least they did step in and help the poor man and not just lock themselves in their dojo. Highly commendable.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    155
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    I had to read that three times before it started to make sense and I'm still not sure what "waiting on a random dungeon" means.
    Random stab in the dark: he's playing World of Warcraft and is waiting to be randomly thrown into a dungeon with a selection of rude 12-year olds. And he plays as DPS.

  4. #24
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,271
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't get it twisted, the reenactment the whole class did showed they ran a good 40-50 meters while yelling which gave the assailants ample sufficient time to run. There was 8-10 of them in the class, seriously, 8-10 geriatrics wheelchairing towards these three young guys would've been enough incentive to get out of dodge, they were cowards mugging one guy, bet they would never have done it if he had even one friend with him.

    EDIT: But yeah, props for not hiding in the dojo

  5. #25
    DdlR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,802
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsCG View Post
    Random stab in the dark: he's playing World of Warcraft and is waiting to be randomly thrown into a dungeon with a selection of rude 12-year olds. And he plays as DPS.
    What is DPS? Is it a good thing to be randomly thrown into a dungeon in this game? Why are the rude 12-year olds there?

    I am very old.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    155
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    What is DPS? Is it a good thing to be randomly thrown into a dungeon in this game? Why are the rude 12-year olds there?

    I am very old.
    Hehehe... if I can assume you already kind of know what WoW is, then a dungeon in WoW is a special location with harder-than-usual monsters and bosses. Usually it requires a party of 5 players with specific roles - "tank" to keep the monsters' attention and soak up damage, healer to heal, DPS ("damage per second") to kill.

    Quite recently Blizzard (the developers of World of Warcraft) launched a functionality where a player can queue up for a "random dungeon" and be partied with players from different servers. In my experience, as a "tank" you get groups almost instantly, as a healer you get groups within 2-3 minutes, but as DPS you often wait 10-15 minutes. Thus my guessing he queued as DPS.

    Ooops, my geek is showing.

  7. #27
    Soju_King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    671

  8. #28
    DdlR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,802
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsCG View Post
    Hehehe... if I can assume you already kind of know what WoW is, then a dungeon in WoW is a special location with harder-than-usual monsters and bosses. Usually it requires a party of 5 players with specific roles - "tank" to keep the monsters' attention and soak up damage, healer to heal, DPS ("damage per second") to kill.

    Quite recently Blizzard (the developers of World of Warcraft) launched a functionality where a player can queue up for a "random dungeon" and be partied with players from different servers. In my experience, as a "tank" you get groups almost instantly, as a healer you get groups within 2-3 minutes, but as DPS you often wait 10-15 minutes. Thus my guessing he queued as DPS.

    Ooops, my geek is showing.
    It's a whole new world ... thanks for the scoop.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    RIVERSIDE CA.
    Posts
    100

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    214
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If kaylan spent more time training & less time smoking cigs & talking he could have been a much better instructor, I don't think the muggers were in any real danger their fear was their worst enemy.
    Kaylan introduced me to Andrew Beattie and encouraged me to get away from Wayne L Roy's dojos ("dojos" term used loosely in this case).
    Kaylan went on with another former student to demand his third dan rank from Andrew who gave it to him to see if he would put in some real effort to his training, but then went to another instructor to get a shidoshi-ho grade which is a disused title. As there are plenty of Shidoshi & Shihan in Australia it's not really used any more. Since then I suppose he's secured shidoshi (not sure if that's really the case).

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO