Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 6:24am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    And why the **** was the misspelled title used for the merge while using my post. I know how to spell my own city, people.
    The ninjers did it to make you look bad. Aussie ninjers in Glasgow told me.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 9:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good heavens, where will it end? Jason Bourne eh. The mind boggles.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/ninj...0520-vgm7.html

According to the article, ninjutsu is, at the end of the day, really just a vehicle for self-improvement, self-development. Well we can all feel safer that they aren't just shadowy sociopaths with a penchant for assassination.

At least they did step in and help the poor man and not just lock themselves in their dojo. Highly commendable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 1:17pm

Style: Judo/Roadwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    I had to read that three times before it started to make sense and I'm still not sure what "waiting on a random dungeon" means.
    Random stab in the dark: he's playing World of Warcraft and is waiting to be randomly thrown into a dungeon with a selection of rude 12-year olds. And he plays as DPS.

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 6:46pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't get it twisted, the reenactment the whole class did showed they ran a good 40-50 meters while yelling which gave the assailants ample sufficient time to run. There was 8-10 of them in the class, seriously, 8-10 geriatrics wheelchairing towards these three young guys would've been enough incentive to get out of dodge, they were cowards mugging one guy, bet they would never have done it if he had even one friend with him.

EDIT: But yeah, props for not hiding in the dojo

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsCG View Post
    Random stab in the dark: he's playing World of Warcraft and is waiting to be randomly thrown into a dungeon with a selection of rude 12-year olds. And he plays as DPS.
    What is DPS? Is it a good thing to be randomly thrown into a dungeon in this game? Why are the rude 12-year olds there?

I am very old.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 3:39am

Style: Judo/Roadwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    What is DPS? Is it a good thing to be randomly thrown into a dungeon in this game? Why are the rude 12-year olds there?

I am very old.
    Hehehe... if I can assume you already kind of know what WoW is, then a dungeon in WoW is a special location with harder-than-usual monsters and bosses. Usually it requires a party of 5 players with specific roles - "tank" to keep the monsters' attention and soak up damage, healer to heal, DPS ("damage per second") to kill.

Quite recently Blizzard (the developers of World of Warcraft) launched a functionality where a player can queue up for a "random dungeon" and be partied with players from different servers. In my experience, as a "tank" you get groups almost instantly, as a healer you get groups within 2-3 minutes, but as DPS you often wait 10-15 minutes. Thus my guessing he queued as DPS.

Ooops, my geek is showing.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 5:55am

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsCG View Post
    Hehehe... if I can assume you already kind of know what WoW is, then a dungeon in WoW is a special location with harder-than-usual monsters and bosses. Usually it requires a party of 5 players with specific roles - "tank" to keep the monsters' attention and soak up damage, healer to heal, DPS ("damage per second") to kill.

Quite recently Blizzard (the developers of World of Warcraft) launched a functionality where a player can queue up for a "random dungeon" and be partied with players from different servers. In my experience, as a "tank" you get groups almost instantly, as a healer you get groups within 2-3 minutes, but as DPS you often wait 10-15 minutes. Thus my guessing he queued as DPS.

Ooops, my geek is showing.
    It's a whole new world ... thanks for the scoop.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 7:10pm

Style: -TKD--BJJ-

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 8:03pm

Style: bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If kaylan spent more time training & less time smoking cigs & talking he could have been a much better instructor, I don't think the muggers were in any real danger their fear was their worst enemy.
    Kaylan introduced me to Andrew Beattie and encouraged me to get away from Wayne L Roy's dojos ("dojos" term used loosely in this case).
    Kaylan went on with another former student to demand his third dan rank from Andrew who gave it to him to see if he would put in some real effort to his training, but then went to another instructor to get a shidoshi-ho grade which is a disused title. As there are plenty of Shidoshi & Shihan in Australia it's not really used any more. Since then I suppose he's secured shidoshi (not sure if that's really the case).
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast