Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 10:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Any Army SF here?

Here's the deal. I'm not SF, never was. Just an ex-squid with a tremendous respect for the men that carry that burden.

I'm on another message board, and a member there started throwing out some claims that I thought sounded flat-out ridiculous. What do you think of these statements?

Also, since I "am" a part of a modern army and was SF in Afghanistan wih the Muhajadeen fighting the Russians- i can attest personally at the total devastation and total ass whipping those "ill equipped" forces can inflict on this "modern army" you speak of.
    I'm a 30 yr vet, a member of America's Elite and chosen soldiery and have been in EVERY armed conflict ( and some unpublished ones) from the Falklands to present except Mogadashu and have done it on every continent except Anarctica and faced about every type of enemy there is and have beaten them.
    I want to be wrong about this. I want to wind up having to publicly apologize profusely to this guy about being such an ass. But these statements just do not track with me.

I've hit him up a few times for more information, and he's been a complete ass about the whole thing - another thing that powers up my fake-dar.

I'll post those here if ya'll want to see them. I figure there's got to be some snake-eaters on this board that were around Ft. Benning about the same time this cat claims to have been there.

For the record, this is what he sent to me when I asked him what units he had been with, and when:

I dont compromise personal OPSEC but in general terms

79-87- 1st, 5th &10th SFGA and A&B Squadron Delta ( SFODD)

From there JFK SWC/JSOC in various assignments then DoD
    I call bullshit. Am I off base here?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 11:12am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you said anything to the guy in question?

If you think he is BS, throw down on him.

Or you can get a name and check him out.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you've got a name, here's a good place to start: http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies.htm
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Infidel

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 1:07pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He sounds full of ****.

Maybe he was (SF) SECURITY Force :)

Try here too
    http://socnet.com/

I always find the biggest (best) posers are the ones who know the most. They'll rhyme off dates acronyms and stats on equipment like no ones buisness.

"have been in EVERY armed conflict ( and some unpublished ones)"
    Army (military) doesn't work like that. Units, even SF ones, don't get thrown around into every single conflict or engagement.

He throws in "except Mogadashu" to try and give him some (forget thw word) credibility. People do it when trying to sell a long tale.
    "I've NEVER lost a fight, well except once against 5 guys at once but ya'all know how that it am I right?"
    Like a distraction technique. Like an unbelievable story with a little 'im human ive fucked up a little bit' thrown in.

Thing is (some of) these posers know their shot SO well that they can easily fool even most military people because that's exactly who they steal their stories and idents off of.

I want to be wrong about this. I want to wind up having to publicly apologize profusely to this guy about being such an ass. But these statements just do not track with me.
    Don't appologize. If he's being an obnoxious prick then regardless of whether he is GI Joe or a Cook he's still being a prick.
    Last edited by vigilus; 10/02/2009 1:32pm at .
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 2:09pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just finished reading "Horse Soldiers" this makes me an expert on all things SF. These guys call themselves "The Quiet Professionals" I'm pretty sure swing dicks around on the internet is not their typical MO.

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 2:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't say for sure about your guy, but having lived next to a real SF guy, (Viet Nam vet), as well as knowing a lot of other Viet Nam or Korean war vets who fought as normal GI's, I can say something here stinks IMO.

The guys who have really taken life, who have really seen friends die, civilians caught in the crossfire, and other horrors of war, generally don't like to talk about it.

The ones I've met MIGHT open up and start telling you some **** you NEVER wanted to hear after a few drinks, but for the most part they are possessed of a certain quiet humility, and will get irritated if you press them for "war stories" cold bore, so to speak.

Most of the guys I've met who actually saw combat have some degree of PTSD as well. Ranging from haunted by the past, but generally functional in polite society, to bat ****, still in a war zone, thousand yard stare crazy. (The latter being a homeless guy I knew with some serious problems...)

I would also say that NONE of them, not a single one, has ever "bragged" about what they did. And that was if they felt like talking at all.

The big talkers, the loudmouths, the braggarts. Their casual, even celebratory attitude immediately brings their sincerity into question. It stands in stark contrast to the attitudes of the people I know who really did the things, as it were.

Are there any Military or LEO guys, or even VA mental health folks here that can corroborate this? You all would no more of these guys than I do.

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 3:13pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If this is still open to question in about 6 weeks when I get off leave and TDY, I'll look into it. If you have his name, or can get me talking to him directly, I should be able to find out pretty easily.

Otherwise, some food for thought: I'm pretty sure JFS was a Group guy, and he was a pretty loud asshole on the internet. Most of the annoying crazy SFG guys I've met do tend to be older. I'm not saying I believe him, I'm just saying that the "Quiet Professional" reputation isn't always as true as we all wished.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 7:05pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok...here's all the interactions back and forth I've had with this person so far on the James Randi Educational Foundation website.

This person, who goes by the handle LONGTABBER PE, will have their responses displayed in bold.

From this thread: How many troops would be needed to invade the U.S. ? - JREF Forum

Quote Originally Posted by LONGTABBER PE
    I'm a 30 yr vet, a member of America's Elite and chosen soldiery and have been in EVERY armed conflict ( and some unpublished ones) from the Falklands to present except Mogadashu and have done it on every continent except Anarctica and faced about every type of enemy there is and have beaten them.

Quote Originally Posted by ME
    You're pretty talkative for a snake eater. I call ********. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to profusely apologize. But I've heard this song before a hundred times. EVERY armed conflict from Falklands to Mogadishu? That in and of itself is unlikely, but blabbing about it on an internet forum sure as hell is. There wasn't any US military involvement in the Falklands conflict. Were you SAS and then somehow wound up in USSOCOM? And if there HAD been US military involvement in the Falklands, you just violated your NDA.

Please clarify, because your hints of "been there done that" seem too believable to be true. Unless you actually are some kind of modern-day Audie Murphy and feel like puffing your chest out on internet forums.
    Dude, spare me.

First, we dont do NDA's- we do NSA/NSC statements so get your acronyms straight and my 214 speaks for itself- it doesnt need your commentary.

Dont counsel me on what you think or got from TV about what clearances mean and what you can and cannot do. You dont understand it yourself apparently.

I got news for you- you will find "advisors" and "various " jobs in ALL major actions of our allies. Thats part of what we do. ( Like in the Iran/Iraq war and the Soviet/Afghan war- which was in my AO)

They didnt tell you because you dont have the need to know.
    Run along now and get back to your playstation
    I'll be the first to admit I was never SF, and am for the most part unfamiliar with their admin procedures. But I know about NDA's. If you held clearance as laid out in DCID 6/1 you would have been required to sign one upon separation.

You don't have the slightest idea who I am, or what my background is. It has provided me with sufficient experience and context to find your public claims of derring-do inconsistent with someone who's seen half the combat action you're claiming.

Thanks for the news flash. So you didn't fight Russians with the mujahadeen now? You didn't see action in EVERY major conflict since the Falkland Islands War? You were just an 'advisor.' I've heard that one before.

You're deflecting. Once again, you don't know where I worked, what my experience was, if I had a clearance, what level it was, what I was read into - because it's none of your damned business. Every other SF person I've ever come across (and that number is VERY small) hasn't taken it upon themselves to publicly spread tales of their bravado around.

If you really did half this stuff, I find it highly unlikely you'd feel the need to brag about it on the internet.

I mean, CSM Eric Haney doesn't even claim as much action as you.
    To which he replied:

You havent given him enough PBR

That was the end of the public thread. Here are the PM's:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 7:17pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2009 7:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What units were you with, and when?
    I dont compromise personal OPSEC but in general terms

79-87- 1st, 5th &10th SFGA and A&B Squadron Delta ( SFODD)

From there JFK SWC/JSOC in various assignments then DoD
    You've already compromised OPSEC by talking about operations you were supposedly in.

I'm sure you won't mind me taking steps to confirm this, then.
    Dude, I dont know what your major malfunction is or give a damn about what you think or any personal crusade you might wish.

I dont care what you think you "smell" and I'm not wasting my time or giving any personal information to some frothing lunatic on the internet.

You already look like an ass and total idiot to me and no other opinion matters. As i said, my 214 speaks for itself and I'm content with it.
    Dude, you need to learn what you are talking about.

Personally, I dont give a damn what you do so knock yourself out.
    Well, since you've been around the SF community longer than God, it would seem, you probably know some of the folks who help out pownetwork.org with verification. Believe me, I hope I'm wrong about all this and I wind up feeling like a complete ass. If that's the case I'll apologize in a very public way.
    I know the organization yes but thats it. I dont have any dealings with them.

For starters, statements expire after 20 years unless otherwise stated and talking about a specific event that is public knowledge isnt a violation of OPSEC.
    What? Where the hell are you getting this? Mine specifically stated 90 years. During my outbrief there were people from two different services, so I know it ain't branch-specific.
    If you want to go straight to the top- call CSM Haney ret. and tell him you blog with Werewolf 71 and it was good to see him even tho it was Maggie's memorial. ( he will know what and who you are talking about)
    Right. How the hell, and why, would I have his number? I'm just an ex-squid with a tremendous respect for the special forces community, and right now I'm smelling bullshit. Like I said, I want to wind up looking like an asshole here - because that would mean I'm wrong about you. Your responses, so far, haven't helped anything. Rest assured I won't let this go until I get confirmation that either you were or were not SF for 30 years. The integrity of the SF community means that much to me, even though I wasn't ever part of it.

I dont do personal details and as i said, I'm not interested in helping you do anything.

PS pay attention to detail sweetie, I wasnt line SF for 30 years. Can you read? Can you comprehend what you read? If you had the intelligence to "research" even this blog on threads ( the only reason I'm even giving you this much to shut you up is because its posted in other discussions on this board and available under the search function) i normally visit- you would see the latter part of my career post 87 was DoD in "other areas" as a civilian and now am a contract engineer doing other sensitive things.

Thats why I'm sitting right here in South Afghanistan right now in the middle of an ODA camp.
    That's about it. I sent him one more message to ask for the dates of his service, but that hasn't been answered.

Sorry for the long read, but I figure you guys would know how to smell bullshit better than I in this regard.
Page 1 of 23 1 234511 ... LastLast