Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 4:36am

Style: Vaghi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, Gajus. No worries on getting back to me, I know you have a lot to do and those studies in med school are rough. Thanks for the nformation. I'll look through the Ebsco database tonight and see if I can find anything on my own.

Best of luck with the test!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 7:11am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ghost - When I was 17 I was 6'1" and 135! You're huge compared to what I was. By the time I was 21 I had got up to a whopping 165. No matter how muich I ate, or how I worked out I just couldn't put any weight on.

I now weigh 200 pounds. I did not really start to gain weight until I was 28 years old. At this point in my life things have turned around. I have to eat right and workout hard to keep the weight off - if I did nothing and ate like I did at 17 I would turn into a sow fast.

Chemist

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 7:28am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm right there with student, I played football in high school and hit the free weights like crazy for three years, I was 6'0", 158 lbs at my pinnacle my senior year, couldn't gain a pound to save my life, was eating like a hoss at least 4 meals a day. When I went to college I stopped working out regularly, joined a fraternity, chased women like no tomorrow, drank a six pack of beer and ate a whole papa johns pizza every night--and when I returned home after my first year of college I weighed 240 lbs, whoa, talk about maturity weight! Subsequently a couple years later I started my training in the martial arts and started to shed those pounds (thank God)and now at 26, my weight hovers around 210-215 and I'm easily 15-20 lbs overweight, but I eat what I want because I train pretty regular. I've done atkins and got down to 200 but I love pizza and it's just not worth it (you only live once).
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 7:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ghost -it is important that you do the right exercises for building strength, i had poser upper body muscles when i took a break from ma working out 4-5 days a week. When i went back to judo and got my ass handed to me i realised that it is mat strength thats important. cleans, squats, deadlift and benchpress are the core to good speed-power

i didn't start to fill out properly until i was nineteen, dont worry about it.

Dad

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 9:16am

Style: CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ghost, At 18 I was 5'11" and weighed 125. By 19 I was 6' 0" and weighed 145. I realized, however, that I was stronger than I looked and freaked people out when I would change kegs out at the bar I worked in. I was the skinniest guy around but could carry 2 kegs if I had to. I got married and added on another 15 pounds and finally didn't look like a sideshow freak. When I hit about 34, the weight started to "pile" on. I got up to 190 and had an ugly gut. Still had spindly little arms. I then started training primarily to get rid of the gut and get in shape. I'm now down to about 175. (still with spindly little arms but with surprising strength in them.)

Be patient, eat right, work out. What you don't have in mass, you can make up for with speed and acceleration. Hopefully, you will continue with this "problem" throughout your life.
    People of integrity expect to be believed. When they're not, they let time prove them right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 9:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

do not take the advice of these stickboys if your goal is to gain size simply waiting for it to happen when you get older is horrible adbvice eat more food lift heavy weights if your not gaining weight you need to eat more food excess calories = weight gain I weigh 210 i used to wiegh 160 it was very hard work gaining weight as i do not have the genetics for it
    Last edited by cannabis; 2/20/2004 9:31am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 9:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cannabis - I don't think we were disagreeing with that - but for some people (like myself at that age) - I could eat all day long (good food, not just crap) and not put on a single pound. I workouted on a regular basis too.

I would still advice to eat correctly and train correctly and then let nature take it's course.

Chemist

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 9:42am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with student once again, and DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT take steroids, I've lost several good friends due to steroid use (it makes you wig out). BTW I did have a buddy in college that sweared by getting baked before hitting the weights and he was in good shape, but I never tried it, sounded pretty retarded to me:)
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 10:18am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i read that arnold used to get baked AFTER hitting the weights. he thought it aided recovery or something.

Posted On:
    2/20/2004 10:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    arnold probably got baked as a way of reducing body fat-- weed is very good at doing that

have you ever seen an obese stoner?
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast