222364 Bullies, 4393 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 151 to 160 of 183
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 171819 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Tom .C is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,127

    Posted On:
    5/27/2010 1:53pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    JKDeez, you also have shown a massive inability to articulate yourself accurately and logically.

    Not to worry, most of the other posters on this thread suffer from the same problem.
    What I lack in articulation I make up for with my inability to comprehend.
  2. Yoj is offline
    Yoj's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,825

    Posted On:
    5/27/2010 2:16pm


     Style: Aikijujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    What I lack in articulation I make up for with my inability to comprehend.

    huh??
  3. Tom .C is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,127

    Posted On:
    5/27/2010 2:24pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoj View Post
    huh??
    Around 17
  4. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    5/27/2010 3:15pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps almost definitely.
  5. Yoj is offline
    Yoj's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,825

    Posted On:
    5/27/2010 3:22pm


     Style: Aikijujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    60% of the time it works, every time.
  6. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    5/27/2010 3:36pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdeez View Post
    "Wally Jay is one of the most knowledgeable judo/jujitsu people you would ever meet. But it requires actual skill to know that."
    Ah, so now you are showing us your age? IQ? Sperm Count? How many times you are offering to kiss my ass?

    With this you prove yourself to be a pathetic loser.....
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
  7. Mtripp is offline
    Mtripp's Avatar

    Choked out by Gene Lebell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Posted On:
    5/27/2010 3:37pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    You have yet to produce evidence indicating that Kato-sensei did not teach Bruce.

    You have been provided pictures that you stated didn't exist.

    You have been proven completely wrong about Judo being taught in American concentration camps.

    JKDeez, you also have shown a massive inability to articulate yourself accurately and logically.

    Not to worry, most of the other posters on this thread suffer from the same problem.
    You have yet to prove I do not have a purple dragon in my basement....

    your point?
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC
  8. Cdnronin is offline

    Ghost of Kawaishi

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    757

    Posted On:
    5/27/2010 4:28pm


     Style: judo, parenting

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdeez View Post
    Well as great as Kimura was, in fact he is on my top 3 list of greatest martial artist of all time, I still consider him a Judoka. Id say no to Draeger and Barton and yes to the Emperados, Bluming, and vale tudo fighters. The only reason I choose Bruce is because of his popularity and iconic status. The more popular you are the more people you get the message out to. Its not what you know its what you do with it.
    Just for shits and giggles, why would you discount Barton-Wright?
  9. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    5/27/2010 4:34pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    You have yet to prove I do not have a purple dragon in my basement....

    your point?
    Your logic is incorrect.

    You claimed that the above were fatuous.

    You have been proven wrong by documented evidence.
  10. kotbegemot is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    39

    Posted On:
    5/27/2010 4:46pm


     Style: judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jkdeez,

    Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand that you consider Bruce Lee the Godfather of MMA even though he did not participate in an MMA fight. I would like to point out that Kimura, even if you consider him a Judoka only, at least did actually participate in at least one MMA fight.

    Iconic and well known as Bruce Lee may be, to consider him the Godfather of MMA when he didn't participate in an MMA bout to me is like considering someone who never cut a hit record, or for that matter, never even cut a record at all, as the godfather of soul.

    If Bruce Lee's popularity and iconic status led to a widespread interest in MMA, justifying your belief in his status as the Godfather of MMA, then why did this widespread interest only manifest itself some 20 years after his death?

    I find it difficult to believe he somehow inseminated popular culture with this latent interest in mixed martial arts that was only awakened 20 years later (after the first few UFCs)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.