Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 10:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: This and That/Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Better Watch Out!!!!

So I was in the car with my recently promoted to BB Aikido friend. She was talking about how her and her friend are seriously considering taking a Muay Thai or BJJ class. The problem that I saw in that though is that they both culturally absorbed the culture of Aikido as they've been doing it for 7 and 10 years respectively. By this I mean their crazy ass adverse to violence or hurting people, extremely so.

What with BJJ being a style based on pain (Overreaching General Statement) and Muay Thai being ferocious, I though this would be problematic. So here's how that conversation went at that point.

Me: What with doing Aikido so long don't you think that-
    Aikido BB: OH I know what your gonna say
    Me: Oh ok *waits expectantly*
    Aikido BB: Everyone I know whose done Aikido and gone to another art say's the same thing too
    Me: ????
    Aikido BB: That when their doing all there strikes on you, your thinking "Why am I letting them do this, when I can just use one of my many Aikido techs to stop them"
    Me:......
    Aikido BB: Like if I joined Muay Thai or Boxing I would have a hard time letting them jab or knee me, because I know I could just Aikido flip them like nothing
    Me: Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking *Dies laughing on the inside*

I figured I'd rather not tell her that her crazy puritan anti pain personality would probably get in her way and let her find out herself. Just figured I'd let you all know, in case you ever fight an Aikidoka, the only reason your not on your ass is due to their infinite mercy xD

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 10:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Pugilism

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorosaur View Post
    So I was in the car with my recently promoted to BB Aikido friend. She was talking about how her and her friend are seriously considering taking a Muay Thai or BJJ class. The problem that I saw in that though is that they both culturally absorbed the culture of Aikido as they've been doing it for 7 and 10 years respectively. By this I mean their crazy ass adverse to violence or hurting people, extremely so.

What with BJJ being a style based on pain (Overreaching General Statement) and Muay Thai being ferocious, I though this would be problematic. So here's how that conversation went at that point.

Me: What with doing Aikido so long don't you think that-
    Aikido BB: OH I know what your gonna say
    Me: Oh ok *waits expectantly*
    Aikido BB: Everyone I know whose done Aikido and gone to another art say's the same thing too
    Me: ????
    Aikido BB: That when their doing all there strikes on you, your thinking "Why am I letting them do this, when I can just use one of my many Aikido techs to stop them"
    Me:......
    Aikido BB: Like if I joined Muay Thai or Boxing I would have a hard time letting them jab or knee me, because I know I could just Aikido flip them like nothing
    Me: Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking *Dies laughing on the inside*

I figured I'd rather not tell her that her crazy puritan anti pain personality would probably get in her way and let her find out herself. Just figured I'd let you all know, in case you ever fight an Aikidoka, the only reason your not on your ass is due to their infinite mercy xD

yeah i know, those aikido guys are deadly. :)

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 10:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just pissed I spent so much time learning stupid striking arts when Aikidoka can just grab my **** out of the air and turn me out

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 11:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first ass beating will be a real eye-opener.

If memory serves, the founder of aikido fought people in his youth.
    They need to let that sink in for a while.

Ueshiba fighting people. Violently. With a wooden sword.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 11:15pm

Style: Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdbuck76 View Post
    The first ass beating will be a real eye-opener.
    That is one of the shittiest moments of a TMA fighter's life but it seriously helps you with motivation and it teaches you modesty.:ninjadanc

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 11:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnong View Post
    That is one of the shittiest moments of a TMA fighter's life but it seriously helps you with motivation and it teaches you modesty.:ninjadanc
    You mean larper.

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 11:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to their BB testing ceremony and no ****, their Randori was 10 guys charging them one after another. Sounds badass yeah? No. They would leap to the ground upon having their backs touched. It would be like, "RAHHH, oh **** my backs touched, better fall down and try again". So yeah, I'm gonna go with the designation of LARPer here xD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 11:45pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Lifting+Cardio

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In all fairness, I actually think people like this need their eyes openned. In the *knock on wood* unfortunate event that they get attacked, they'll have so much faith in their stuff and attempt to use it... That'll get messy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 11:46pm

Style: Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True, larper is a better term. Still, it's an eye opener.

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 11:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was just talking to my GF about this, it's gonna make them look like idiots when they go to a decent BJJ or Muay Thai school and try to boast their Aikido like that. For example just using what she said above, if their drilling a strike in Muay Thai and she were to say something along the lines of

"Man, this sucks, if I was allowed to use my Aikido techs on you, none of your striking would work."

Quick way to piss people off in my opinion.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast