Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 6:44am

Style: Bullshido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm afraid of weightlifters and such

You know those huge powerful guys. In my gym there is a great example of such people. He is a 43 year old Ukrainian who trained in olympic weighlifting from 10 years old to 23 where hea was in the national team and a promising lifter with a 130 kilo snatch and 160 kilo clean and jerk (I suppose 85 kilo category or something). They then said start taking gear or get the **** out, so he quit weighlifting and started bodybuilding, which he has been doing for 20 years now. Just recently he started weightlifting again instead and such. He's mad powerful and huge with this scary military east european head. He said he was a bouncer before for a while, but then someone started **** and he hit him. 10 minutes later he was still on the floor so he dragged him across the street and called it a night and went home. Also one time a bunch of Moroccans tried to beat him but he removed his belt wrapped it around his fist and said "ok come" and no one dared to come and they left. then at our last weightlifting competition he was getting impatient and nervous form all the waiting and started jumping and swinging his arms and I was like "OMG OMFG DONT HIT ME PLEASE" for real and I've been doing martial arts for 6 years now muay thai + fma

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 6:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Milk n squats.

What?

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 6:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there's no way I can ever get as big and powerful as guys like this

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 6:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so just go ahead with the sex change and you'll be able to fight people that don't scare you.
    As much.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 6:57am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:00am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a bunch of guys (pretty much everyone) in my BJJ classes who are either slightly taller or a lot stronger than me. I'm a pansy, I can dig it.

The answer? Gym time, bitches.
    Last edited by socratic; 3/19/2008 7:05am at .

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you guys have never experienced this? Also I wonder how big are you guys and what kind of weights can you handle?

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 8:05am

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A 145 lb uber lightweight. I'm almost always outweighed so it's just something you have to get use to. Get a takedown and a sub, or carry a glock.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 8:10am

Style: BJJ & K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I correct in thinking that you are essentially saying that you are scared of bigger boys?

Sometimes when I am on a crowded tube platform waiting for a tube train I have sudden intense paranoia that some nutter will push me in front of a train.

Who gives a ****?

Get over it mate!

By the way wtf was the third hand story about moroccans?

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 8:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'm 185 lbs at 5'10" which is kinda scrawny, but I can deep squat 400 lbs now, which I thought was kinda a lot, but this guy reps that for some sets with no effort. he is like 200-210 lbs but a litle shorter than me I think
    Last edited by Osuofia; 3/19/2008 8:13am at .
Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast