Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 4:57am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Road rage

I was sitting behind this guy in a battered vehicle at some lights today when the lights went green, he just sat there so I pipped my horn to let him know. It wasn't aggressive, there was another set of traffic waiting about 30 meters away that were stopped at another set of red lights. I mused to myself that this guys car was so banged up cause he was so oblivious.

We turn the corner with him in front of me and he jumps in the outside lane which is guaranteed to have traffic turning right so I took off in the middle lane and suddenly he tries to jump back in my lane, nearly taking me out. Obviously I hit the horn and gave him the frustrated digit wave as I went past, thinking nothing of it. I noticed he was following me but I am very good at picking the right lanes of moving traffic to flow quicker than anyone else so I figured he was just being efficient.

As the traffic thinned out this guy was still following me, but now he was right on my arse. Soon the outside lane opened up and he pulled up next to me in traffic and started going off. Now, this guy was a p plater, a provisional licence holder who had to display a p on his car so I knew he was between 17-21 years old (that's how it works here), so I knew I had a few years life experience on him, which meant that when he hit high school I was fighting in pubs with muay Thai training and a can do attitude. So I just gestured to the next street where I was heading.

He nearly took someone else out while trying to get in the right lane and he followed me down the street, right up my arse, so I took it slowly and turned down this dark street just around the corner from my house. I reasoned I knew there were some big sticks on the edge of the road if he pulled a knife and if he didn't then he would have a fucking hard time with me regardless. Guns are a rarity in Australia so I don't have many concerns about that.

So as I'm turning, indicator having been on for a while because my adrenaline is yelling at me not to waste it, he fucks off. There is a connecting road which I figure he might try to come down in order to surprise me so I wait. Nothing happens. I am pissed off.

I read about road rage in the paper and I can't understand why someone who is angry enough to follow you a fucking long way, abuse you and then when given the opportunity to do something about it, puss out. It has happened to me on a few occasions, seriously, as a driver with a motorsport background I tend to be ultra assertive (borderline aggressive), I am qualified to point out dumb **** driver mistakes, especially if they are about to cause my vehicle damage.

I've been cut off and angered before but my response is to get as far away from the shitty driver as possible by getting as far in front of them as I can. I have never followed someone or tailgated them because I figure if someone is that crap at driving then they are likely to **** up again.

Anyone ever got angry enough to chase down a driver?

Anyone ever been chased?

Anyone ever been caught and had to deal with a road rager?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 5:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand your pain. Driving in Houston can be pretty stressful. One time I was driving to college on the feeder road because I was to make a right turn soon. On the highway, some fool must have missed his exit because he makes a sudden right over the grass and onto our road. He then sped up and cuts me off as we come up to a red light. Yes, for no reason I could see, this guy decided he had to be first in line. Ok, guys a jerk but I'm fine and all's well that ends well... right? Well the light soon turned green and the two of us head to another red light 50 feet down the road or so and I see this guy turn around and and wag his finger at me. I interpreted it as a "snooze and you lose" message over him getting that coveted first place, I couldn't think of any other possibility. This attitude of his made me madder than anything and the longer we sat there, the madder I got. I thought of grabbing my pocket knife, blade of 3 inches, and walking out of the car just to puncture a tire or two. The more I thought about it, the more appealing the idea and I might have done it too if not for the light turning green and him making a right that parted our paths, hopefully for eternity. I didn't think of following him at all because I had a life and places to be.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 5:24am

Style: bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can be any age and still on p plates. My brother was 30 on his, it depends on when you go for your ticket.

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 5:24am

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not sure if you quote grasped the tone of the post. But thanks?

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 5:26am

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand the dotj, my mate is 26 cause he lost his p's when he was 19 for 7 years. But from what I could see of him coupled with the p plate I made an educated guess.

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 6:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know why but Fords piss me off big time.

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 6:24am

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holden all the way Tom C.

Posted On:
    5/20/2010 6:43am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombatô

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post

I've been cut off and angered before but my response is to get as far away from the shitty driver as possible by getting as far in front of them as I can. I have never followed someone or tailgated them because I figure if someone is that crap at driving then they are likely to **** up again.

Anyone ever got angry enough to chase down a driver?

Anyone ever been chased?

Anyone ever been caught and had to deal with a road rager?
    1st papragraph I totally agree with, stay clear of them.

Never got angry enough to chase down a driver, no but I did once stop to argue with a dick in a van who nearly ran me over at lights when I was on my pushbike. Then stopped round the corner, he was laughing till I called him out.

Been chased once when a guy who boxed me in and played speed matching (speed up when I speed up, slows down when I do so I can't change lanes, with my car got pissed off when I got in front of him. He came up to shout at me at traffic lights. He went back to his car after I said get back to your car mate I have already photographed it and called the police.

Another guy followed me when I was on my motorbike going to a rally; he followed me because I dared to overtake him while he drove at 30mph on a 60mph road. He said my exhaust had frightened his kids, probably not quite as much as his driving as he tried to keep up with my bike.
    Also certainly not as much as when he tried to reverse out of the rally field at speed on a dirt road which he drove into following me after he shouted out the window at me as I booked in. He had a major problem with situational awareness.
    Bugger all would have happened to him anyway, we would have let his kids play on the slide and bouncy castle and he could have sat and had a cuppa with me. I donít ever think I can justify brawling with a parent in front of their kids and the club I was a guest of pride themselves on being a family friendly club. He might even have changed his opinion of people if he had calmed down and thought about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 7:55pm

Style: BJJ, MT, JJJ / Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had my fair share of road rage experiences. This one... ridiculous

*warning: first 3 paragraphs are boring. 4th may sound racist, but... it isnt*

A few years back, I was driving home from highschool (I've since graduated). This overweight black woman in a mid-90s bmw was stopped in the middle of a right turn lane just sitting there. The light was green, so I honked my horn a few times, but she still just sat there. I ended up just holding down the horn. I guess she finally got the hint and moved her fat ass.

We turned the corner and she starts driving 20mph under the speed limit just to be a dick. Half a mile down the road, I flip on my turn signal and go to turn left to cut through a neighborhood and get past her. Turns out she wanted to turn left at the last minute.

The entrance to this neighborhood has a median between the incoming and outgoing lanes, so each lane is pretty small and there's no shoulder to pull off on or whatever. She turns, I turn right behind her, then she stops. She stops right in the lane and turns her car to an angle so I can't get around her. The road I just got off of is filled with traffic, so I can't back up or anything.

This bitch... Her fat ass hobbles out of the car and walks right up to me. Man, hell hath no fury like a ghetto, BMW-driving black woman scorned. To be honest, I was in fear for my life. I thought she was going to beat me with her purse and eat me. Bitch was crazy. Craziest ************ I've met. If you've ever been attacked by an overweight ghetto black woman before, you could understand why.

I mean seriously, if you fought someone who's morbidly obese, what could / would you do? Even the hardest muay thai kick wouldn't do **** to them. They'd just absorb the blow. Absorb your leg in the fat folds, too. Judo or BJJ wouldn't even be effective against these land-whales since:
    1) theyre too fat to lift / throw
    2) theyd smother you if you grapple them

But yeah, I ended up calling the cops, so she left :]

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    5/21/2010 8:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife honked at some asstard that pulled out in front of us in his pickup.

Then he wheeled around and started following us. We had our 2 year old with us. I was pissed at her and the aforementioned asstard.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast