Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I have some interesting stories about this guy. Let's just say my interactions and those of my former instructors are very interesting. As they are hearsay I'll leave them be.
    Hey, if they're YOUR interactions, they're not hearsay.

Anyway, a couple friends of mine vouch for Frantzis's skill (at least as a younger man) but find his public persona and marketing ridiculous. Others find some of his stuff poorly done—my old Boston teacher didn't like Frantzis's Chen at all.

He has a good rep re: tui shou, but he's a relative giant of a man compared to the average player, so...

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    5/19/2010 1:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Hey, if they're YOUR interactions, they're not hearsay.

Anyway, a couple friends of mine vouch for Frantzis's skill (at least as a younger man) but find his public persona and marketing ridiculous. Others find some of his stuff poorly done—my old Boston teacher didn't like Frantzis's Chen at all.

He has a good rep re: tui shou, but he's a relative giant of a man compared to the average player, so...
    This is basically what I would say on record in the open. He can teach you but, is it other skills or is it really bagua or tai Chi?

When I say other skills it is like the hotly debated MMA chunners. When they fight people of equal skill it always seems to be the BJJ, not contained in their art, that helps them win. Or, it is the boxing training they do in addition to their chun.

Again I have no problem with mixing arts. I have a problem with misrepresentation of what helps your skill.

Hopefully that makes a little more sense.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12