Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 2:31am

Style: Muay Thai/JJJ Hybrid/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reminds me of when I went to watch UFC 113 with my cousin, and his friends, he's a shotokan 5th degree black belt. I'm the only one in the room rooting for Rua. Before the fight, me and my cousin get into a martial arts debate. He spouts his normal d34dly bullshit, that he doesn't need a fully resisting opponent to know what he does is t3h d34dly. I keep asking for examples but he says he refuses to reveal any of his d34dly secrets to me.

Later in the argument, he decides he'll reveal one of his d34dly secrets to me. He then tells me to act like I'm coming at him for a single leg. I do so in slow motion, then he does a slow motion NECK BREAK!!! I just tried to be as polite as possible. But I just rubbed it in all of their faces when their God lost.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 2:51am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gezere, I actually laughed at "Omae wa Kuso!" That's great stuff.

I've done that continuous thing too. Our rule was that some part of your glove had to hit some part of the opponent's headgear. The chinstrap counted for uppercut purposes though, and if somebody was dumb enough to wear that headgear with the face shield you could punch it.

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 11:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnTi Her0 View Post
    Reminds me of when I went to watch UFC 113 with my cousin, and his friends, he's a shotokan 5th degree black belt. I'm the only one in the room rooting for Rua. Before the fight, me and my cousin get into a martial arts debate. He spouts his normal d34dly bullshit, that he doesn't need a fully resisting opponent to know what he does is t3h d34dly. I keep asking for examples but he says he refuses to reveal any of his d34dly secrets to me.

Later in the argument, he decides he'll reveal one of his d34dly secrets to me. He then tells me to act like I'm coming at him for a single leg. I do so in slow motion, then he does a slow motion NECK BREAK!!! I just tried to be as polite as possible. But I just rubbed it in all of their faces when their God lost.
    So, ummm, what's your cousin's name? People get black belts all the time who don't deserve them, but 5th dans in Shotokan don't grow on trees. It would be odd if he didn't own his own school with that rank and were under 40 years-old.

Also, there isn't much deadly in Shotokan (the entire style is centered around right straight to the point of monotony) and while you may find some gimp schools using shitty training methods it's unlikely you will ever hear "Oh I don't need to test vs. a resisting opponent". Shotokan is a do, not a jutsu.

I'm not offended, but I'm going to have to go with "Cool story bro!" for now. That being said, there is a strong chance I'll be venting my spleen telling a real shitty Shotokan story in about 14 days.
    Last edited by maofas; 5/18/2010 11:15am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 11:55am

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the OP;

I want to believe that no one is that stupid.

However......

I still occasionally hear people talking about Bloodsport/Frank Dux and they believe his bullshit story is real.

*face palm*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 12:25pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post
    To the OP;

However......

I still occasionally hear people talking about Bloodsport/Frank Dux and they believe his bullshit story is real.

*face palm*

There are still flat earthers. Trust me, teh stoopid is alive and well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 12:35pm

Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post
    To the OP;

However......

*face palm*
    Sir, I raise you a "Five point palm exploding heart technique is a real move. Kill Bill stole it from those old Shaolin monk dude that could kill a man with their finger tips"

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    Gezere, I actually laughed at "Omae wa Kuso!" That's great stuff.

I've done that continuous thing too. Our rule was that some part of your glove had to hit some part of the opponent's headgear. The chinstrap counted for uppercut purposes though, and if somebody was dumb enough to wear that headgear with the face shield you could punch it.
    I used to yell all sorts of crazy **** because I knew most pple didn't understand me and the ones that did found it funny. Part of the reason was because some pple didn't want to believe I spoke Japanese. I got into it with one hick because he didn't want to take my word that he was pronouncing IPPON wrong. He was saying EYEPON and I tried at first to nicely correct him but since he had more stripey things on his belt than mine I must have been wrong. I also believe it was also because I'm black.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 1:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post

Also, there isn't much deadly in Shotokan (the entire style is centered around right straight to the point of monotony) and while you may find some gimp schools using shitty training methods it's unlikely you will ever hear "Oh I don't need to test vs. a resisting opponent". Shotokan is a do, not a jutsu.
    Sorry but there is tons of "da d34D1y" in Shotokan. Shotokan guys will profess to have everything in Shotokan! From deadly neck breaks hidden in the Tekki kata, Nukite that can peirce someones chest, and methods to punch through yoroi also hidden in the kata. All, and more, I've heard from gimp schools but from actual JKA black belts such as Elmar Schmeisser (who trained under Nishiyama). Shotokan being a DO and not a JUTSU you are MORE likely to hear "Oh I don't need to test vs. a resisting opponent because I do my kata 1000 times a day and thats all I need."
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 2:25pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP: That was a very stupid move on your part. I'm glad for you that everything turned out fine and that nothing bad happened, but if those guys wanted to they could have performed a NECK BREAK! on you right then and there.

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 3:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Sorry but there is tons of "da d34D1y" in Shotokan. Shotokan guys will profess to have everything in Shotokan!
    There's more than in something like MT, but the system isn't built around eye-gouging or ball-kicking was my point. (And every annoying person who does TMA thinks their system has everything!)

From deadly neck breaks hidden in the Tekki kata, Nukite that can peirce someones chest, and methods to punch through yoroi also hidden in the kata.
    I question whether that's not something recent & reactionary to the rise of MMA. It used to be okay to just be good at something, but now everyone wants to be well-rounded. Meh.

I've heard from gimp schools but from actual JKA black belts such as Elmar Schmeisser (who trained under Nishiyama).
    Elmar Schmeisser talks a lot about hidden grappling in kata, but he also states post-shodan everyone should study a grappling art in order to understand it. As much as I think he's kata-crazy, he doesn't advocate learning how to grapple by doing kata.

being a DO and not a JUTSU you are MORE likely to hear "Oh I don't need to test vs. a resisting opponent because I do my kata 1000 times a day and thats all I need."
    Please explain, because even though do has more hippie connotations, I've always thought jutsu tend to focus on 2-man kata while do tend to have elements of sport play (i.e. JJJ vs. Judo, Kenjutsu vs. Kendo), Aikido being the glaring exception.
    Last edited by maofas; 5/18/2010 3:12pm at . Reason: brevity
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast