Posted On:
    2/24/2004 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Jman
    Matthius,

People have big egos here. It's psychology 101. It makes them feel good to get angry and pissed off while trying to deminish others. You'd think MAs would have more ego control, but in times like these, it's hard to believe that...

there must be another MA forum on the net where you can get answers to questions as such without the attitude. If you find one, let me know.

Jman
    It's time to check your lobster trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 3:07pm

Style: Bad Parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you get an overview of what ninjitsu's generally like in those search results? All I know is appearently Rick Tew's a fraud, since he learned from Frank Dux, a fraud(?) and from what I can piece together from his video files, is that ninjitsu teaches you to (beat up people with jackets, beat up people with blinding powder, do cartwheels(yay!), roll over people(how useful!), use the environment to your advantage(gravel in your eyes)) and other such things. I cannot peace together an accurate discription of an art from this. I need your help! Speaking on this website is like going to the doctors, paying 10 of them 100$ each, asking them whether or not the rash on your arm is poison ivy or poison oak, and getting this as a response: "Stupid! That's a dumb question! Retard! Go play by yourself retard!" (voice in background) "Yeah retard, play by yourself!" "yeah" "hahahahaha!" you know, like that.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 3:27pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wastrel,
    For the most part, I agree with your stance on the issue, regarding not cluttering up the boards, etc. However, every so often it should be acceptable to start threads on similar topics as already discussed in the past. As time goes by, we get more and more members, who may not have read EVERY thread ever made. Reproducing old threads can give the n00bs a chance to comment, and give the older members a chance to hear the n00b points of view. But of course, people should still use the search function to see how common such threads are, and how long it's been since one was posted.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 3:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 3:31pm

Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matthius...as I said before, if you want to know anything in particular from someone who's actually involved in the art...you have an open invitation to do so.

There were overviews placed by myself and Spunky earlier, read back and you'll see them.
    If they didn't answer whatever particular queries you may have, ask something more specific.

But I'll tell you one thing, Ninjutsu is NOT what's in Ashida Kim's books....that man's just an asshole and a fraud. Himself, Ron Duncan, Rick Tew, Frank Dux...all frauds that took commercial advantage during the 80's "ninja boom", and mis-lead a lot of people with a lot of bullshit.
    Anything that refers to itself as "koga ryu" is media garbage- karate in black suits.

take care,

X

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    99,9% of ninjutsu is pure ****. The only even remotely credible organizations today are Bujinkan, Jinenkan and Genbukan, and even some branches of them seem to be offering total smouldering garbage. & Some of Hatsumi's credientials seem to be a bit in doubt according to some instances... However, compared to made-up ass like Dux/Tew/Ashida/etc, if you need to be a ninja, head there...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 4:05pm

Style: Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LLL, it's like I said earlier....what we do in the Bujinkan is 90% Samurai Bujutsu...the rest is left for Togakure Ryu, the only openly taught Ninpo Ryu in the system.

As to Soke's credentials being called into question...it's mainly due to officials in Japan who see proven documentational lineage of Meiji-era or before as proof of Sokeship. Some of which Soke has openly shown and been proven for....but some of the schools did not trace the lineages back (mainly due to what kind of operations they performed- hard lineage could have been a harmful mistake to the families of previous Soke if the Ryu was caught or disbanded by Gov't factions)...and since "hard proof" has never been shown of lineage lines....the officials who oversee this stuff in Japan don't respect his title with certain Ryu-ha.

On their part, I can understand it. But it's all silly political bullshit anyways. I've trained under Soke directly on more than one occasion, and can attest to his skill....as far as I'm concerned, politics aside....it's more than enough proof.

As for the Genbukan and Jinenkan....they have something of their own to contribute as well, but truth be told...all they're doing is teaching Bujinkan Waza...with different stresses of importance and differing training methods.

That's why it's a pain when people automatically associate the Bujinkan with Ninjutsu.....so very very little of what we do is Ninpo...but that's the catch phrase for the old-timers in the system (when it was still called Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu) and for ninja fanboys....I've been in the system for 4 or 5 years now....I've only studied Togakure Ryu on a handful of occasions....and I can't say I know a damned thing about "ninjutsu"....it's really just not a big deal in the Buj. system....
    I can't say I can infiltrate Japanese castles, I can't make metsubishi, I don't drop caltrops for people to step on, and I don't fight with Shuko on my hands....but I do still train with the Ninpo mentality and certain physical methodologies...and that's what seperates the Buj. from other Samurai Bujutsu systems.

Anyways...I'm done ranting now....just wanted to clarify my position.

X

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    & yeah, I'm not questioning Hatsumi; I think he is cool in many ways, but I think it's fair to mention the fact that he is not a 100% absolute authority.

& I know Bujinkan is a lot (mostly) of other stuff than 'ninjitsu', but it's the best option to point teenage ninjas to ;)...

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 4:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matthius, let's review:

a) There is a search function that will give you plenty of threads about Ninjitsu.

b) Your analogy to the person asking for help from a poison ivy exposure is ludicrous. Firstly, you aren't in any immediate danger nor will you experience any permanent harm from not knowing about Ninjitsu, which is a moot point anyway as seen in a). Secondly, you didn't pay us for help. Thirdly, your question is not nearly as pointed. Fourthly, I cite the reactions of more sympathetic members of this board re: your "suicide" thread.

c) We are not inclined to expend the effort required to help you due to bad precedent. I may not speak for everyone here, but the decision has come down to whether you are a socially inept moron, or an attention-whoring troll.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 2/24/2004 4:21pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Posted On:
    2/24/2004 4:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ask a question from experts on the subject, then I don't get answers and are accused of "trolling". This website is great let me tell you.
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast