Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 2:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Try reading the entire reply and if your going to call someone an idiot than back up your argument with something tangible.
    I didn't call you an idiot, but the strikes in the video are pretty bad technique.
    lots of arm punches, wild haymaker punches, the way this guy throws elbows is weird as ****, and the leg kicks are piss poor, not a lot of rotation, straight leg, bad stance. just plain old ugly, and worst of all, inconsistent.

my favorite has to be what I am going to call, the "haymaker elbow" at around :49

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 2:55pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking at his clipshow again it kinda reminds me of systema. In that context some of those strikes are pretty decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    Anyone who says those strikes in the clip part are "decent" are idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by madeofcandy View Post
    I didn't call you an idiot
    Tell me how that should be taken? Now as to the clip we are referring I said his movements are decent in the context of an art like systema. In a more conventional art like western boxing or Karate its damned weird. I'm not so sure a lot of that was arm punching. Watching his feet and hips he seems to shift into those movements better than someone who is arm punching. However whatever he is doing there its effectiveness or lack there of is thrown out the window by the guy that flys off his feet on que. Some of those strikes I think could produce a fairly hard strike but I agree much of it looks way to weak to actually cause harm. I'd like to see this guy or one of his students sparring and see what happens then.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 3:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try reading the entire reply and if your going to call someone an idiot than back up your argument with something tangible.
    what I was attempting to say was, I didn't call you an idiot, someone else did that, BUT, allow me to provide the tangible evidence you requested.

I figured you would get it.

I really don't know what to do with the last set of quotes. You DO realize it wasn't me who called you an idiot, or rather insinuated it, right?

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 3:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry your reply threw me there I wasn't reading the names. Your reference to not calling me an idiot made me think you were replying as the original poster my bad. I'm rushing back and forth a lot at the moment between these posts I'm getting my dog ready to take her to the vet and put her down. Its a distracting kinda day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 3:10pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon
    Some of those strikes I think could produce a fairly hard strike but I agree much of it looks way to weak to actually cause harm. I'd like to see this guy or one of his students sparring and see what happens then.
    I didn't really read the part where you mentioned Systema, so now the comment makes sense.

And yeah, I totally agree.

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 3:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am glad we cleared that up. Now lets get back to making fun of crazy kung fu people with mystical powers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 5:07pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, regarding the light touch knockouts, this is something I've looked at a little bit.

There's this supposedly devastating system for law enforcement that has a bunch of names, but the most common one I found was "Kyusho". The largest purveyor of this ideology is the Swedish publication "KYUSHO magazine" which you can sign up for free here

There's some big charts and codenames for each point like GB20 and **** like that. It's mentioned in the comments for the YouTube videos in the OP.

I don't know if there's any credence to this or if law enforcement actually use this but here's an excerpt from the latest issue:

Quote Originally Posted by KYUSHO magazine, Volume 1, Issue 7
    Kyusho Applications:

K-27 working at first with simple attacks, then with expanded options and deeper applications.

(Kidney point 27) is a nerve that lays under the collar bone where it connects with the sternum.

It can be manipulated in many ways, from pressing to striking.

The main idea with any point and the point of the exercise, is to take any point and do not just copy a specific technique, but experiment to unlock so many more potentials.
    edit: This guy also screens his comments on his videos, just like some ninjers, so ****'s already suspicious.
    Last edited by helmutlvx; 5/17/2010 5:12pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 5:36pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What you are discussing is a dead horse here. Pressure points exist. The deadly death point one touch Knock outs do not.

GB2=Gall Bladder 20 which is a so called Traditional Chinese Medicinal point. No, I'm not saying they are the same as pressure points but, there has been so much degradation and BS they are rarely separated now.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 7:21pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have very little doubt regarding the BS-ness of this guys techniques, I thought that the videos were funny enough to warrant a thread in their honor.

I especially enjoy the whole "this **** works on the street" attitude, as well as the sloppy real techniques mixed with made-up knockout points nonsense, mixed with awful over-acting.

I'll never understand how people can stoop to such levels to make a couple bucks.

also, Im bothered by the comments on the videos, which, as helm just pointed out, are screened, and I can only see positive comments.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 7:24pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Millionaires believe in Scientology what are youtube comments?

People are stupid.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast