• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 12:31am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

RIZE 5 - Revolution! 29th May, QLD, Australia (A-Class Rules)

It’s that time again, time to RIZE!

RIZE 5 - Revolution is coming up at the end of this month, 29th of May, this is gonna be a big one, and will be filmed; showing on FOX Sports a few weeks after the event!! All fights will be under A-class (UFC) rules, elbows and forearms standing and on the ground!!

The venue:
    RIZE 5 is set to be at the incredible Sleeman complex at the Chandler Arena (where Evolution has been held); the venue seating 3,000+ people is a massive step-up for MMA in QLD!

The night is set to a REVOLUTION with 12 fights scheduled, including 2 title fights bringing in international challengers from Japan to compete for the belts!

Released fight match up information:
    Brisbane’s own Michael Mortimer takes on Japanese ex-Shooto champion Masahiro Oishi for the RIZE Bantamweight Title (60kg).

And Hugh Cameron challenges from Japan, Eiji Murayama for the RIZE Featherweight Title (65kg).

Also amongst the 12 A-Class (UFC style) matches will be a feature match in the RIZE light-heavyweight division, to have important consequences in the division in the near future…

Michael Van Der Vlist takes on Fight World Cup Champ Api Hemara!
    The full undercard will be announced very soon. Stay tuned…!!

Tickets:

Tickets available through TICKETEK!!

Contact rize@rizemma.com for more details, or PM me and I can gather information you need!
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 9:59pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the guy from your gym who looks like Tarzan fighting? I wouldn't mind seeing how well he goes under his preferred ruleset.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 12:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Is the guy from your gym who looks like Tarzan fighting? I wouldn't mind seeing how well he goes under his preferred ruleset.
    If it's the dude I'm thinking of, then not this one! He's just had a Muay Thai fight 2 weeks ago. But there's a few of our guys fighting to, one against a former NRL player? So that should be interesting, haha.

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 12:40am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah he fought one of our guys 2 weeks back, he's still got a black eye from it. Had to work that night so missed the fight but i saw him on the corporate box show the week before, pretty crazy fighting two weeks in a row. He has potential, just needs to stop throwing jumping scissor roundhouse kicks :P.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 1:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ju jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mr miyagi do you train at advance?

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 1:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by uglybob View Post
    mr miyagi do you train at advance?
    Yeah, I do. It's listed in my profile.

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 2:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ju jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol i train there to small world hey

Posted On:
    5/18/2010 3:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by uglybob View Post
    lol i train there to small world hey
    Haha, that it is! Not only is Brisbane small, the internet is too small for Brisbane ;p.

And I take the silence to mean everyone on Bullshido is coming to Rize 5, thanks, guys!!

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 6:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, time for hot RIZE 5 updates! And a sexy fight card (and video)!

It's only FIVE days to go before !!

This is a MAJOR event in the history of MMA here in QLD... and in my humble opinion it is the biggest event to ever have happened in QLD MMA! In the sense that it's a fight card full of some of our best Australian guys up against internationals from New Zealand and Japan.

This will be an awesome fight show, there's a few fighters from the same gym as Kyle Noke (IMA)fighting as well! Support MMA in Oz, and get to this event if you have the means!

Quote Originally Posted by Discounted Tickets!
    Get your RIZE 5 tickets from RIZE directly and save - the normal prices for Reserved Seats through Ticketek are $69 + transaction fee, but get them from us for only $65 each… PLUS if you buy three, you get one free (four tix for $195).

We are also looking to finalise the remaining Gold and Silver VIP Tables and are offering discounted prices… let us know if you’re interested, as these have to be finalised by this TUESDAY at the very latest!!

Contact us by email on rize@rizemma.com or on 0407 757 339 for more details.

RIZE MMA

Come to the - perfect for MMA - Sleeman Sports Centre in Brisbane this Saturday night… and this is what you’ll see…
    • Fight 1 Lightweight (3 x 5mins) - Vince Dyer (Modern Warrior MMA, Brisbane) vs Tim Radley (Integrated MA, Brisbane)
    • Fight 2 Lightweight Womens (3 x 3mins) - Alex Chambers (VT-1 Gym, Sydney) vs Jessica Tolhurst (Black Dragon, Brisbane)
    • Fight 3 Heavyweight (3 x 5mins) - Hale Vassa (Red Dragon, Brisbane) vs Masoud Abdollahpouri (Advance MA, Brisbane)
    • Fight 4 Lightweight (3 x 5mins) - Chris Bridgewater (Modern Warrior MMA, Brisbane) vs Nate Thomson (Integrated MA, Brisbane)
    • Fight 5 Lightweight (3 x 5mins) - Adam Calver (Fight Shop, Palmerston North NZ) vs Shane Wundenberg (PUMMA, Gold Coast)
    • Fight 6 Welterweight (3 x 5mins) - Leigh Allwood (Melbourne Martial Arts, Melbourne) vs Rod Staader (Newcastle Fight Gym, Newcastle)
    • Fight 7 Lightweight (3 x 5mins) - Ken Yasuda (Shooting Gym, Hakkei Japan) vs Ryan Dunstan (Advance MA, Caloundra)
    • Fight 8 Middleweight (3 x 5mins) - Jade Jordan (Hybrid Training Centre, Launceston) vs Lenny Kent (PUMMA, Gold Coast)
    • Fight 9 Featherweight Title (5 x 5mins) - Eiji Murayama (Shooting Gym, Hakkei Japan) vs Hugh Cameron (Gracie Barra, Sydney)
    • Fight 10 Bantamweight Title (5 x 5mins) - Masahiro Oishi (Shooting Gym, Hakkei Japan) vs Michael Mortimer (Integrated MA, Brisbane)

YouTube- RIZE MMA - 29th May 2010
    Last edited by Mr.Miyagi; 5/23/2010 6:40pm at . Reason: Adding Discount info