Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 6:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So he's a fake, but how does he produce the electrical currents? Maybe he had some battery and somehow got rid of it before they searched for it with the metal detector. Or this whole documentary is fake.

The scientists are real: http://www.sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=143137
    search for Dr. Roger Nelson on that page.

Last edited by Monkfg; 5/22/2010 6:40am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 9:31am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfg View Post
    So he's a fake, but how does he produce the electrical currents? Maybe he had some battery and somehow got rid of it before they searched for it with the metal detector. Or this whole documentary is fake.

Really?

You posted a page where people believe in ghosts and that flying chopsticks add integrity to his claims?

That same page has people believing in Pressure Point knock outs. I oughta trollshido your posts just on your continued trolling of this website.

Did you vet the scientists in their field or did you just read and believe what was said?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 9:53am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.princeton.edu/~rdnelson/

Roger's professional degrees are in experimental cognitive psychology, with a special focus on the lesser known aspects of perception. His primary work in design and analysis is supplemented by a background in physics, statistical methods, and multi-media production. Until his retirement in 2002, he served as the coordinator of experimental work in the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) lab, directed by Robert Jahn in the department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, School of Engineering/Applied Science, Princeton University.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 12:16pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Look at masta fighters post. The video should explain it
    The only thing we have to find now is how he got the bag in the newspaper

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 6:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't know what kind of page that was, sorry. I just saw that they were also searching for the scientists. I'm too naive for the internet it seems.
    Look at masta fighters post. The video should explain it
    The only thing we have to find now is how he got the bag in the newspaper
    I meant the electrical currents he's obviously using on his patients.
    Last edited by Monkfg; 5/22/2010 6:33pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 7:31pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't know what kind of page that was, sorry. I just saw that they were also searching for the scientists. I'm too naive for the internet it seems.

It's not necessarily obvious. Stage hypnotism is kind of a spare time hobby of mine along with magic tricks, though I'm better at the former. And while I could probably come up with a way to shock someone and make it look like it was just my hand, I'd probably have an easier time just convincing someone that they have been shocked.

If you don't believe me or think the reaction looks to real to be a mind trick I can tell you some stories of things I've basically convinced rational people to experience just by messing with what they were expecting to see or feel.

P.S. Yes I am a creepy loser. Thank you for asking.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2010 9:00pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's actually really easy to explain. You don't even need a battery for that kind of trick.

You just offhandedly say "You may feel some heat or electrical charge" before the demonstration. The people are there to see a miraculous demonstration, so you've already got a measure of hypnotic control on them.

Then they just imagine it up themselves. Classic self-hypnotic
    delusion.

My reference: At one point I was into making "ki energy" (I've been over that idiocy for many years now) and I delighted in knocking people down and creating electrical fields around willing participants. I kept doing it for a little while after I realized it was stupid, just because the reaction was hilarious.

[edit: Just noticed your post, Lampa. Totally agree.]

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 8:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's real electricity because at 6:40 the patient is doing exactly what one would be forced to do if you'd put an electrode where john chang has his hands (I've got experience with electro therapy). And later he illuminates an LED and this has to be real electricity, doesn't it? I don't think he'd use two different ways if electricity can do both tricks. Also I've read about an Austrian(I think) "healer" in a spiritual magazine that was found to have a battery in one of his shoes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 4:32pm

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I forgot about the LED thing. For the LED trick, the other person holding the other end would have to be in on it.

He couldn't make a complete circuit just by himself with a battery and one hand.

I still don't necessarily think the demonstrations with other people on the table have real electricity, but hey. We may never know.

Also, any thoughts on shoving the stick through the table?

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    putting a chopstick through a table could be real kungfu. a combination of the right table and enough practice doesn't make that one seem too difficult to pull off.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast