Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2010 10:41am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy's a less funny, much more sane version of Dan Quinn. Nothing to see here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 8:44am

Style: Sekkyoku Tai Jutsu/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shaolin pimp View Post
    Chuckie norris is good mates with my da.. lol, ulsteryank do you train mma?
    Yea, I'm a member of a strictly Kickboxing gym, however I also attend another one that does MMA on Friday evenings. A lot of times my Friday night plans are foiled because I'm too wrecked afterwards lol

The one that does MMA also offers strictly boxing, kickboxing, and ground fighting(with members from BJJ and Judo gyms), on other days of the week, but attendance is an important thing at the Kickboxing gym. All of the guys from the other classes usually show up on MMA night, so I think I still benefit from only being able to make it there once a week.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 9:18am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, don't know that gym. Yes mate, I train friday night and sat mornings as well, friday nights a no go for me every week lol

edit I'm a retard, a strictly kickboxing gym, not called strictly kickboxing, doh!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 2:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, don't know that gym. Yes mate, I train friday night and sat mornings as well, friday nights a no go for me every week lol

edit I'm a retard, a strictly kickboxing gym, not called strictly kickboxing, doh!
    Yea, a lot of the time it ends up being every other Friday night lol. Areyou familiar with Belfast mate? The Kickboxing place is called Prokick, and the MMA place is at the top of Frames Snooker Club in the City Centre, it's kind of on the down low at the moment. The instructors are originally from Northern Ireland Taijutsu association, and during the lads MMA fights the announcer says they represent "Frame's Taijutsu".

I just got into it for a hobby, and to keep the pints at bay, but it's good craic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 3:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I am, taijutsu is that with eoin(the guy with the evil beard lol) I know frames pretty well though not so much for training, pool and alcohol!

Yeah them boys have a few fighters, so pretty legit training I would guess.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 4:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I am, taijutsu is that with eoin(the guy with the evil beard lol) I know frames pretty well though not so much for training, pool and alcohol!

Yeah them boys have a few fighters, so pretty legit training I would guess.
    Yea that's it! Eoin doesn't have the beard any more however lol. He also does the Kickboxing on Tuesdays, and got on with the Fire Brigade.

Apparently they've been meeting at Frames for a couple of years before I started going last year. When I first went there was just enough people showing up to keep the rent going, but Eoin&Mark have really done it up, and put a lot of work into that place since. It's only a fiver a go, so I really appreciate the fact they're more or less there on their own time, out of love for the arts.

I wish I could train there more than once a week, but Prokick emphasises attendance, and I currently have to put in at least twice a week there to advance. I'm not too sure how they would feel about me training somewhere else either? Everyone at Frames is laid back about it however, having a lot of boys that train elsewhere as well.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 5:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, solo pad drills... now where have we seen those before?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2010 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    Heh, solo pad drills... now where have we seen those before?
    Hmmm! I was waiting for someone to notice that, I initially thought mountain fat **** was a parody as well. lol

Ulster, there's a great muay thai club around the corner from frames! if you ever want to try muay thai out I would recommend it.

http://www.sheranmuaythai.webs.com/ website.

Not saying anything wrong with prokick, it just sounds like taijutsu is a similar atmosphere to sheran muay thai gym.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2010 12:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ulster, there's a great muay thai club around the corner from frames! if you ever want to try muay thai out I would recommend it.

http://www.sheranmuaythai.webs.com/ website.

Not saying anything wrong with prokick, it just sounds like taijutsu is a similar atmosphere to sheran muay thai gym.
    Cheers! Right on, I may end up checking it out one day. They offer Muay Thai at Prokick, but it's real structured. You learn the techniques at first, but have to work up through the Freestyle, and K-1 rules, before getting into the Thai ones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12