NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:04am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Prediction: Overeem Will Be The First To Beat Fedor

I don't think Overeem is the greatest ever, but in MMA you get old overnight. I'll go out on a limb and say Overeem is the one to beat Fedor. Fedor can't stand with him, and he'll lose if he tries. If he loses, that will be how it goes down.

In the future people will show Fedor the same respect they show Vovchanchyn. Zero. No one remembers that Igor was top dog for 5 years running, and no one will remember that Fedor was king either. All it takes is an embarassing slide and everyone forgets. Mirko, Ken, Kerr, the list goes on and on.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe that means it's better for Fedor to retire while he's ahead? Same for Pac-Man or Mayweather?

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:12am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched the fights tonight too... if he fights the way he did tonight he will not defeat Fedor.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 12:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That all depends on how Fedor fights, doesn't it. Overeem is not the one over due for the "He just looked OLD" treatment.

I don't think Randleman or Vovchanchyn showed anything special when they exposed Mirko and Kerr either. It's about the other guy going "overripe" as it were. When fruits go bad, they go bad in a hurry. Just ask Mark Kerr.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 4:08am

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that I expected a different outcome, the thread title was kind of a spoiler.

I like to hope that Fedor is smart enough to have a game plan than just standing and trading with Overeem

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 4:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rogers was clearly intimidated. Fedor shows no fear in the face of Godzilla. Roidman may still win, but he'll have a hell of a hard time doing it and is fairly certain to be outclassed when it hits the ground.

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 4:12am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Overeem may beat Fedor. He's huge, strong, can stop the takedown and his striking game has improved immensely. Not to mention, his striking from the clinch is brutal, and Fedor needs the clinch for his best takedowns.

Fedor won't be forgotten quite as completely as Igor though. The guy's at least fought on cable TV and had a small push from CBS as the world's best. He will, however, be overshadowed by whoever wins the Brocklesnar/Carwin matchup should either of them defend the belt more than once.

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 7:56am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    I watched the fights tonight too... if he fights the way he did tonight he will not defeat Fedor.
    That depends if Fedor fights the way he did against Rogers then my money would be on Overeem.

I'm suprised there were people on here predicting a Rogers win, Overeem is a World Class striker and Rogers is not exactly known for his quality ground game.

If Fedor beats Overeem it'll be via submission.
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 5/16/2010 8:00am at .

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 8:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    That depends if Fedor fights the way he did against Rogers then my money would be on Overeem.
    Truth. The most rational way of projecting a trend in to the future is based on the most recent data available. The Reason I am picking Overeem to do it is that I don't see Werdum beating Fedor on a good day, and I don't fully expect that fight to happen.

I'm suprised there were people on here predicting a Rogers win, Overeem is a World Class striker and Rogers is not exactly known for his quality ground game.
    This is the best evidence for a Fedor slide on the horizon. The hypothesis that Fedor hasn't lost a step is incompatible with the idea that Rogers is not that good (he was taking it to Fedor). Peolple calling Rogers were (IMO) really voting for the idea that Fedor is still Fedor. Last night's fight downgraded Rogers' stock, and makes the beginning of a Fedor slide seem more likely.

If Fedor beats Overeem it'll be via submission.
    Or decision. If I were AO's coach I would make him watch Fedor/Cro COp every night at bed time, and remind him that it has been 5 years since that fight.

Posted On:
    5/16/2010 9:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor is probably my favorite fighter of all time. That being said, I agree. Every time I watch Fedor fight, I get nervous. After the Rogers fight, I was praying that he would retire. That way he can go out on top. After watching the fight last night, I can't imagine how Fedor can bet Overeem. His striking is solid to the point that Fedor will not be able to counter punch with Overeem. The only hope will be to get a takedown and submit.

I don't think Overeem will be able to stuff the takedown against Fedor. But he should be able to keep from getting submitted. Fedor's GandP is good, but Overeem should be able to counter and at least survive the GandP off his back.

I hope Fedor retires!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast